[7] Charles Leclerc x Pierre Gasly

[7] "All I wanted was some love for the night
Now I'm drowning in the green of your eyes
Oh it's crazy 'cause I never had a clue
It's impossible to not fall in love with you"
- The Green by Chris James

---

Charles hated himself for being so stupid. He had gone from P19 to P3 in those horrible conditions and then threw all of it away with just one stupid little mistake. He could have finished this race second and been on the podium! He did such a shit job today, he felt like he didn't even deserve to sit in the Ferarri anymore.

When he finally arrived at the hotel later that evening, he had cooled off and wasn't as angry at himself anymore. Mostly he was just upset and disappointed in his performance, which felt even worse than the anger, he had felt at first. Why did he have to fuck this up? Why was someone as bad at racing as him even a Formula 1 driver?

However, he was pulled out of those dark thoughts when he heard a knock on his door. He didn't really want to see anyone at the moment but he figured it would be impolite to not answer the door, so he got up an opened it anyways.

"Hey." Pierre smiled at him softly. "Hi." Charles just mumbled and opened the door a little wider so his best friend could come inside. "Do you wanna talk about it?" he asked, after sitting down at the end of the Queen Size bed, looking at Charles who had now slumped down next to him. "Not really, I'd prefer to just forget about it and pretend it never happened. I am such a fucking disappointment." he hid his face in his hands, not wanting Pierre to see the tears slowly forming in his eyes at those words. "You know that's not true! You did so good today and even if you made a mistake at the end and the result would have been better without that, it was still an amazing performance. I'm so proud of you, Charly! And Jules and Anthoine would have been too." He had scooted a little closer and put one arm around his friend's shoulders. This let all the built up tension and frustration finally fall from Charles' shoulders and made him collaps in the older one's arms sobbing uncontrollably.

After a second of shock about this extreme reaction, Pierre just held him close and rubbed his back, whispering things like "Shh, it's all good." and "It's okay, I'm here." in his ear calmingly until Charles' tears dried up again and his sobs started ebbing away. The AlphaTauri driver wanted to release his firm grip at that but was immediately pulled into another hug by his friend. "Please... please just hold me." he whispered, carefully glancing up at the other, a slight blush creeping onto his cheeks. Pierre nodded lightly and started rubbing his back again, as Charles' head came to rest in the crook of his neck. They sat there hugging, both just listening to the other's steady breathing for a bit, before the Ferarri driver loosened the embrace carefully. "Can you stay the night? I really don't want to be alone right now." "Sure, I'm here for you, I won't leave." Pierre smiled.

When they laid down in bed next to each other it was a bit awkward at first but as Pierre pulled his friend close once again, it just felt like the most natural thing to do for Charles to snuggle into his arms again. Almost as if he had never done anything else before. Breathing in Pierre's familiar smell always made him feel like home almost instantly. But this time it felt different.

"Thank you." he whispered, looking up at his friend rather shyly. "Not for that." the latter just replied and placed a soft kiss on his forehead. The younger boy's heart skipped a beat at this gesture and he couldn't stop a slight smile from creeping onto his lips as he made eye contact again. How come he had never realized, how beautiful Pierre's eyes really were? He felt like he could drown in those greyish blue orbs sparkling in the dim light of the lamp on the bedside table, just by looking at them. And why was Pierre's signature scent suddenly the best smell his nose had ever met and he couldn't seem to get enough of it? His gaze drifted a bit further down the, to his surprise, suddenly very handsome looking face. Since when had his best friend's lips looked so soft and pink and kissable?

Before his head could even finish this unusual thought, his body had already acted upon it. Charles had leaned forward and placed his lips on Pierre's ever so gently, his hand wandering to the back of his head and lightly gripping into his hair. When he felt the other boy kiss him back almost immediately the only sensible thought that remained in Charles' head was "Why haven't I done this earlier? How did I not realize? How was that even possible?"

---

Charles x Pierre for f1fangirl- (slightly inspired by Charles' absolutely heartbreaking team radio after the Turkish GP.)

A litte short but I hope you liked it anyway!

Also since neither of them has green eyes let's just pretend the song is called "The Blue" lol

xx