Lando Norris x Michael Italiano (Part 2)

A/N: I started writing this before the race in Hungary, so let's just pretend everybody finished that race and nothing happened lol

---

Walking to the car together, quickly became their thing and they developed a little routine. Every race weekend, Michael would wait for Lando to be finished with his duties at the end of the day and accompany him to his car, or rather the car the team had given to him for that particular weekend.

Most days Lando tried to take as much time as possible while gathering all his stuff so there wouldn't be as many people left in the paddock. Because that meant the parking lot would most likely be deserted so it would be safe to hold Michael's hand again without getting any weird looks.

However, when he hung behind once more after the race in Hungary, he did not expect Daniel out of all people to see right through him.

"You know, if you'd just ask him on a date, you could hold his hand for much longer and you wouldn't have to waste so much time pretending you're still doing important shit in here." A smirking Daniel was leaning against the doorframe.

"W...What?" Lando was startled. He hadn't expected his teammate to still be here. He normally always left the track as soon as he could.

"Michael. You should ask him out." Dan repeated, the knowing smirk still not leaving his face.

When Lando simply continued to stare at the Australian in shock, he elaborated. "I know the two of you have been sneaking around each other for quite some time now. You seem to really like him and he definitely likes you. Where's the problem? Just fucking date each other already!"

"He... he likes me? But..." Lando stammered and felt the blush creeping up his neck.

"Of course, he likes you! Did you really think he would wait for hours and hours on end every weekend just because he's a nice guy? Michael is the nicest person I know but that would be too much, even for him."

"But...but why", Lando mumbled, "why didn't he say anything?"

Daniel sighed. "He's terrified to scare you away or hurt you in any way. Especially after the football match. I don't think I have ever seen him so upset before. That's why he hasn't made a move yet. Your feelings and your well-being are more important to him than his own. He's got it bad for you, mate."

Lando just continued staring at Daniel, his brain and mouth not able to form words anymore.

"C'mon, let get out of this goddamn hellhole now. Michael's already waiting outside." The Australian gave him a light slap on the back and held the door open for him.

"Hey, you okay? Good race." Michael immediately looked up and put his phone away when he saw Lando leaving the building.
"Yeah, thanks." The Brit smiled and walked up to him but stopped about a metre in front of him and then just stood there awkwardly because he suddenly remembered Daniel being right behind him.

"Hey, you're my trainer! You're supposed to say that to me, not him!" Daniel complained in an absolutely exaggerated overdramatic way that left no room to even consider taking him seriously. Not that the giant grin that his fake pout had to give way to after only a few seconds wouldn't be enough indication for that already.

"Shut up", Michael laughed and flipped his best friend off before turning to Lando again and pulling him into a hug.

They had hugged a few times before, so Lando should have expected and even looked forward to it, but they had never hugged in front of anyone else, let alone Daniel. His teammate's presence made him nervous and insecure.

Michael seemed to sense that he was uncomfortable because he immediately let go of him again and called over his shoulder "Man, what are you even still doing here? Isn't Max already waiting for you?"

"Oh nothing Mikey, I just had a little chat with Lando here. But don't worry, I'm off now!" Daniel winked and added "Simp" before he left the two of them for a bit more privacy.

"Sorry about that. I didn't mean to make you feel uncomfortable." Michael scratched the back of his head in an awkward manner.

"No no, it's fine. Can we... can we try again?" Lando asked, opening his arms a little.

Michael smiled "Always." before he gently pulled the McLaren driver into his arms again.

This time, Lando's only focus lay on Michael again. He nuzzled his face into the soft fabric of the Australian's hoodie and breathed in the comforting scent. He never wanted to let go of him again, so he pressed himself even closer.

Michael chuckled "Are you cold?" and wrapped his arms a little tighter around him.

Lando shook his head the best way possible with his face still buried next to the McLaren Logo on Michael's chest. "No, I just really like hugging you."

The older man pressed a soft kiss to the top of his head and almost whispered "I really like hugging you, too."

Lando had to take a few deep breaths and gather all his courage before he was able to look up into Michael's face. "Do you...do you think you'd like kissing me, too?"

Mike's eyes widened for a second, clearly shocked by Lando's unusually direct question. But then a gentle smile spread across his face. 
He leaned down a little to rest his forehead against Lando's, the tips of their noses almost touching, but not quite. "I'd love to."

Lando could feel his warm breath against his skin and suddenly remembered Daniel's words "He's terrified to scare you away or hurt you in any way. That's why he hasn't made a move yet. Your feelings and your well-being are more important to him than his own."

He realized that Michael wouldn't kiss him without permission. He would never overstep his boundaries like that. He would make sure, Lando was comfortable and happy at all times.

At this moment, he also realized, just how much he actually trusted Michael.
Usually, it took him years to develop new friendships and be able to let others close. But with Michael, it was so easy. In only a few short weeks, the Australian had shown him so much kindness and understanding and therefore snuck his way right into his heart.

"Please," Lando bit his lip nervously "Please kiss me."

Michael smiled and gladly complied, gently pressing their lips together.