Chapter 20: How I hate the FBI

I love Abby, don't get me wrong, but- just no. I was pleading for Gibbs to come back, practically begging, which I don't do often. The music was okay, but Peanut's pitchy howling was growing annoying. I was laying under her desk when I had, had enough.

"I'll show them what a howl sounds like" I thought, as I raised my self up. I trotted towards Abby's refrigerator and took a seat. I took in a deep breath, as I lowered my head to the ground and let it out raising my head up slowly. The howl I had was loud and chilling to the bone, it made Abby jump and Peanut's eyes grew wide.

I felt a large pride grow inside my chest, as I changed to a lower pitch, than a higher one. I could picture myself placed on a tall rock, calling out to others like me in a nearby grove.

"AROOOO!" I cried out, I was so invested in the howl, that I hadn't even noticed Palmer walk into the lab. After a few seconds, I quieted the howl and looked around. Abby's mouth was open in what looked like awe, but Palmer was severely shaking.

"What was that?" he asked, frozen to the ground just by the door.

"That my friend was a real howl" Abby replied, with a smile.

"No, that was terrifyng" Palmer stated, his voice cracking. Abby rolled her eyes and stepped toward the shaking gremlin, who still hadn't taken his eyes off of me.

"Jimmy what do you want?" she asked.

"I finished my stuff in autopsy and thought I'd swing by and see the new pup Gibbs had" he replied, finally peeling his eyes from mine.

"Well here he is" Abby spoke, moving to the side so Palmer could get a look at the Chihuahua on top of her desk.

"He's so cute" Palmer spoke, moving as he moved toward her desk with a smile. "What's his name?".

"Peanut" Abby replied, happily.

"He's so cute, I just wanna squeeze him to death" he stated, reaching a hand out to rub Peanuts head.

"Wait, What?" I asked, moving from the fridge to Jimmy's side in two seconds. Palmer jumped back, surprised by my quick movements. "We aren't killing anyone here" I growled lowly.

"It's a figure of speech" Peanut chuckled.

"It's a figure of I don't care" I replied, protectively.

"Give it a rest Rogue" the voice of Gibbs called, from behind me. I spun on my paws to his him standing in the doorway. "We got work to do, come on" He spoke, making a motion for me to follow him as he left the doorway. I glanced back up at Palmer and narrowed my eyes.

"We aren't done" I warned, before trotting out of the lab to catch up with Gibbs. I just barely made inside the elevator before it shut behind me.

"Your getting slow" Gibbs commented as the elevator began to rise.

"You wish" I sneezed. We reached the floor of the bullpen and stepped out in sync. To the agents around us we looked like a pair you didn't want to bump into on the street. I spotted Tony sitting at his desk, going through a file in his hand, while eating a piece of pizza with the other. Gibbs and I entered the bullpen just as three agents came, with a K9 following just behind.

"Agent Gibbs?" The tall agent asked. He had an expensive looking suit on to go with his short black hair. Gibbs looked up from his desk and raised his eyebrow at the group.

"Ya, who are you?" Gibbs asked, as he walked out from his desk toward the man. My hair rose from my back, as I took the agents and their strange K9 in. I let out a low growl as the man stepped forward toward Gibbs, his hand reaching out. As soon as the noise escaped my throat, the other K9 pushed past the two agents and stood beside the man.