Chapter 5: Rogue (Has been Revised)

I wanted, no I needed more. I circled around Cooper and he watched me with fear filling his eyes. I smiled and snarled as loud as I could.

"What are you doing?!" He asked frantically. I ignored him and let the adrenaline fill my body. I lunged at him again and felt my claws sink deep into his back. He yiped and tried to shake me off, but I had an excellent grip. As the agents neared they raised their guns at me. I let go of Cooper and let him limp away. Blood stained the fur around my mouth. I growled at the agents, I couldn't stop. I lunged a little at Tony and he took a step back. I taunted them beginning to walk around them in a wide circle.

"Enough!" Gibbs yelled at me. I barked at him and barred my teeth. I leaped at Ziva only to be knocked over by Cooper. His neck and back were covered in a thick blood.

"Stop!" He barked at me. I was about to attack him when I heard something familiar come from the woods. I looked over and pointed my ears to it. Gibbs saw me lose concentration and took the opportunity to tackle me.

I growled, regaining my focus. He tried to pin me to the ground, but I was a lot stronger than what he thought. I slowly got up, using all my force to pull through his grasp. Tony rushed over and added more weight, as he held me down as well.

I snapped my jaws only inches away from Gibbs's face. I saw a flash off fear, but it was quickly replaced by determination. He put all his weight onto my back and Tony did the same. The adrenaline left my body as fast as it had come, leaving me to black out.

My ears were ringing as I tried to lift my head, but it wouldn't move. I tried to lift up my body, but that didn't either budge. My mind must be awake ,but my body isn't yet. I heard voices, but I couldn't open my eyes, to see anyone.

"What happened out there?"

"I don't know one minute she was fine and the next she was on a frenzy"

"What is it doc?"

"I don't know, I'll need to evaluate her, when she wakes up"

I couldn't tell who they were, but the voices started to fade away as I drifted back to sleep. I finally woke up again, along with my body. I opened my eyes and took a look around the room. I noticed that I was tied down to a steel table. The muzzle was back on and a rope was slung over my neck and body to keep me down. I felt pain travel through my sore body as I tried to move around.

"Ah, your awake" a voice said from behind me. A man walked around my side and into my view. I recognized the guy as the M.E who was at the crime scene. Ducky? Was it? I couldn't remember.

"I'll call Gibbs to let him know" His assistant spoke, as he walked over to a desk and picked up a phone.

"Let him know what? What happened? Why am I here?" I asked outloud, but all ducky heard was whining. A few minutes later the autopsy doors slid open. Gibbs, Tony and Ziva walked in worried looks sprawled on their faces. Gibbs looked to me and then to Ducky.

"So what happened?" Gibbs asked.

"Well she is fit as a fiddle physically, but something is definitely wrong mentally" Ducky replied.

"Vance called me and said that the Marine recruits picked her up off the road. They had pictures of her injuries." Gibbs said as he handed Ducky a folder. Ducky opened it and his eyes widened.

"Oh, this poor thing" he said as he flipped through the pictures.

"What are the gashes from?" Tony asked as he peered over Ducky's shoulder studying the pictures with him. Ducky walked over to the empty table next to me and layed them out.

"These here are from a whip and these scars look like teeth marks, perhaps old fighting wounds" he announced as he pointed to the injuries.

"Gibbs, this is a gladiator" Ducky said as he turned towards him.

"A what?" Tony asked confused.

"A gladiator, a mix between two powerful breeds of a dog, commonly used in dog fights. They get beaten vigorously everyday to help toughen them up" Ducky replied.

"They are the most exspensive dog a dog fighter could own. Sometimes they are placed against smaller dogs for entertainment, since they can literally rip anything in half. It would be a blood show. They also fight against other gladiators to win more money" Ziva spoke.

"How do you know that?" Tony asked, confused.

"Israel" Ziva replied. "But their so exspensive, you wouldn't think that they weren't kept in high security crates"

"So how did she get free?" Gibbs asked. Everyone looked at me as I kept trying to move. Gibbs walked over to me and ran his hand over my head. His touch was gentle and caring. Ducky came over and pointed to my back.

"Her scars are covered by her fur, if the recruits saw them. Then she would have been put down immediately" Ducky said.

"Why?" Tony asked.

"Damaged goods" Ziva answered. "Nobody wants a dog that was trained to be a ruthless killer"

Gibbs expression changed from caring to I wanna kill someone with a bat and get away with it.

"Boss?" Tony asked as he watched Gibbs furrow his eyebrows.

"Get me everything on her past" Gibbs demanded. Ziva and Tony nodded, before leaving and setting to work

"Untie her Ducky" Gibbs demanded.

"Gibbs I strongly-" Ducky protested.

"Just do it Duck"

"Ok,but you have to keep a close eye on her at all times. I don't know her mental stability right now" Ducky replied..

He unstrapped the ties and I quickly stood up. I jumped off the table and shook myself off. The muzzle was still latched to my face and I pawed at it.

"We need to leave that on for a little while, just for your safety" Gibbs reassured me. Ok? We walked to the elevator and climbed inside.

(Bullpen)
Cooper was bandaged up and lying next to Zivas desk. When I entered he stood up and let out a low growl.

"Cooper" Ziva said sternly. He stopped growling and watched as I walked by. I didn't understand why he was mad at me? Or was it that I couldn't remember? I decided to crawl under Gibbs desk and out of everyone's view. Ziva sighed and stood up, walking over to Gibbs she handed him a piece of paper.

"Gibbs I found something" she spoke as handed it to him. Gibbs hadn't even got a chance to sit down and his team had already gotten information. He took the piece of paper and looked it over.

"I pulled a few favors and one of my contacts confirmed seeing this dog at Rogue's mechanic shop five nights ago" she stated.

Rogue why did that sound familiar? Rogue, Rogue,Rogue. Thats my name! I stood and looked up at Gibbs intently, from under the desk. Gibbs saw my interest and raised an eyebrow down at me.

"Ziva say that again" Gibbs said.

"What Rogue?" she asked, confused.

I sat down and tilted my head. Gibbs stood up and walked out from behind his desk and over to Tony's desk.

"Boss what's going on?" Tony asked.

"Rogue" Gibbs called out. I came out from behind the desk and trotted over to him. He knelt down and patted my head.

"Boss, how did you know that was her name?" Mcgee asked as he got up and walked over to us, curiously.

"My gut" he replied as he stood up.

"Gear up! We're going to Rogue's mechanic shop" he stated as he looked at his agents.