Prologue

He stood before, caressed my ring with a gentle, sad smile.

"I am sorry..."

A tear rolled down my cheeks, as my bridal attire weighed down on me. It was raining heavily, and I was standing at the corner of the street, watching my newly-attained husband crush my heart in the most brutal ways. 

We had driven here straight from the wedding hall. 

"Was it all a lie?" My makeup was already ruined by the rain, and the tears were ruining it further. The night sky was cloudy, and there were hardly any people around me. 

Eliyas and I had just got married.  

After our marriage, he had headed out with a convenient apology and a resigned look, causing me to run after him in a desperate and panicked way.

"Shhhh..." He tipped my chin, wiping some of my tears with his thumb, not caring as it further smudged my make-up. 

"I was warned-d..." I revealed, hiccuping, crying in a pitiful and deeply hurt man. "I was w-warned, yet I chose you." I sobbed, resting my cheek against the palm that he now had cupped around my face.

"I am sorry."

I closed my eyes in pain.

"Please stay..." I opened them again, watching as his hair swayed with the cool wind, his luminous eyes seemed shiny under the dazzling weather.

"I can't. You know how this was going to be. Deep down, I know you knew that this wasn't meant to be. I am sorry. For what it is worth, conning you has crushed me too, but as I have always said...not everyone gets what they want. Goodbye, princess." He gently patted my head and then walked away.

He had chosen to just walk away from my tears. He had just watched my ruination and walked away. Taking away my wealth, the naive and dreamy spark of my life, he had just walked away.

He had just stood, felt my heartbreaking pain and took in my torture like it soothed his heart. Deep down, I knew that our story had been too dream-like to be true. I knew that his love might have a heavy price. A rugged bad-boy biker with rings on his fingers and charm as his talent. I knew nothing about my bookish and nerdy ways seemed adventurous to him, yet he had been such a beautiful lie. 

Now that he was leaving, I wanted to chase after him, beg him to not leave me abandoned, force him to teach me the art of forgetting too. I wanted sweet lies, him to spare me just another glance, see the damage he had done. Yet, I was offered nothing.

With the plane tickets in his hands, it was obvious he was now only going to be just a devastating illusion in my mind.

Dressed as a bride under the bright moonlight, I had been left behind with life-long scars, trauma and hurt. 

This was the first stroke of naive hearts' ruination.

 a/n: Hope you liked this prologue.

Do comment away...share your feelings!

Hope you have an awesome day