Chapter Nineteen: A Mistake I Shouldn't Have Made

Disclaimer: All characters and settings are purely fictional. If there are any similarities to real people or places, it is merely coincidental. The plot is written by me and not copied from any other writer.

***WARNING*** This chapter contains mature content of the sexual nature. If this is not something you would like to read, please proceed to the next chapter.

********** Chapter Nineteen **********

"Be careful, Ty," I shouted as Tyrus ran across the backyard to fetch the ball Ryland threw towards him. It was the final day of our trip. Ty was playing with his cousin and Uncle. It was one of his favorite pastimes besides spending time with his father. Even though he didn't admit it, I knew how much he enjoyed being with Theo. He was still adjusting to discovering his idol was his father. 

Even though this trip changed Ty positively, he needed to return to school. He was away for far too long. But going back was problematic. Theo was adamant about us moving to Everton. I sighed. Theo

"Leave him alone. He's having fun," my mother chastised. She smiled happily at her grandkids. Even with the wrinkles forming on her face, she seemed youthful and energized. I smiled slightly, understanding how important this moment meant to her. 

"I'm sorry," I whispered. My mother looked up at me sadly. She placed the plate down before coming to give me a hug. Her hand patted my head to comfort me. My heart was so full. Over the past few weeks, I took for granted moments like this with my family. After all these years, I missed being home. I missed having my mom. Feeling overwhelmed, the tears escaped from my eyes. My mom held tightly on to me. 

"I know you did what you thought was best, sweetie." 

"Did I?" I asked, doubting myself. Here I was, a mother of a seven-year-old, working in a job that sexualized me, away from my family and friends, and in a confused relationship with Theo.

"What's wrong, Ry?" My mother asked, her voice filled with worry. How do I go about explaining how overwhelmed I felt? Waking up alone in my hotel room was enough to shatter me. Maybe I was still immature thinking Theo wanted to reconcile after having sex the night before, but that's what I thought.  I cried out, upset at how stupid I was giving myself to him again. Maybe he would never get over my decision to keep Ty's existence from him. 

"Theo wants me to move to Everton, but I don't have a job. Then, Ty's doing well at his school. I don't want to uproot the stability we have in Riverview for uncertainty here," I ranted. Maybe I was exaggerating. There wasn't complete instability. Theo owned a house that he offered Theo and me to live in. Then, Everton Preparatory had a great academic program that would assist Ty tremendously. But, I didn't want to rely on Theo. Maybe I was trying to regain my pride after our one night stand, but I could stomach relying on him for anything. 

"There is nothing but stability here, sweetheart. I'm sure Theo can assist with getting you a job and ensuring Ty has a roof over his head," my mother explained. 

I frowned, "I don't want to rely on Theo." 

My mother sighed, "It's a bit late to think like that, sweetheart. You're the mother of his child. Whether you want to be a responsibility to him or not, you are." 

"He's just so frustrating! I know I made a mistake keeping Ty away from him, but I did it for him! Why can't he see that?" I cried. Rubbing my back, my mother tried to soothe me. It was frustrating having to explain why I did so often to Theo. How could he expect me to live with knowing I ruined his dreams, especially after everything I witnessed with Ryland. 

"I know you think your decision was the best choice at the time, sweetheart. But, you hurt so many people when you left. Your father and I struggled to try to cope every day, not knowing where you were or if you were alive," My mother choked, trying to hold in her tears. Even in the sunlight, she cried beautifully. Her freed tears urged my tears to escape. Before I could comfort her, I was sobbing.