Chapter Thirty-Two: Without Pressing Reset

Disclaimer: All characters and settings are purely fictional. If there are any similarities to real people or places, it is merely coincidental. The plot is written by me and not copied from any other writer.

********** Chapter Thirty-Two **********

I was nervous. Sitting in Dr. Wilson's office waiting for Rylee to arrive was beyond nerve-wracking. There were so many thoughts drifting in and out of my mind. There was so much I wanted to say, and yet I couldn't formulate a coherent sentence. The years we spent together rush together, forming this beautiful collage in my mind. Yet the best moments were the brightest. 

The first day I met her. The days I stared at her from afar. The night at Tyler's house when I claimed her. The moment on the bench when she made my dreams come true. The first time we made love. The first time she told me she loved me. The night she left. The day she came back. Everything just flowed through me. 

A soft knock came at the door before it opened to reveal the woman in my head. She wore a short yellow floral ruffled dress with small, white, and pink polka-dots. Her curls were sprawled across her shoulders. She wore light make-up and opted to gloss those sexy lips of hers. She was wearing cute strappy sandals that accentuated her legs. Even though you couldn't see a bump, she was glowing. She was absolutely radiant. 

The moment Ty said he wanted a sister, I couldn't take the image of a mini Rylee out of my mind. I was addicted to the idea. I wanted our baby to look like Ry. I had a name picked out. I prayed to God it was a girl.

"Sorry for being late," Rylee apologized to Dr. Wilson, who brushed it off. The two spoke politely to each other. Dr. Wilson seemed interested in Rylee's conversation about job hunting. Ry admitted to applying to a few places and waiting for responses. I was mesmerized by the way she moved. 

During my sessions with Dr. Wilson, I realized I lost that part of myself in the pain and hurt. There was a time I loved being in her presence. I would sit and admire the way she spoke, the way she danced, and the little habits that were distinctively her. I lost that drowning in the hurt I held for her. 

"Let's get started shall we," Dr. Wilson announced, alerting me to focus on the conversation at hand. I took in Rylee's body next to mines. I missed when she sat down, positioning her frame next to mines. Dr. Wilson continued, "Rylee, for the past few months, Theo has worked tirelessly trying to uncover some underlying issues he struggled with during your relationship. Before we get into his progress, is there anything you would like to discuss?"

Rylee nodded and turned to me. Her eyes were soft and full. It appeared as if she was just a moment away from shedding tears. I consoled her, grabbing her hand. 

"Theo. I know dealing with me hasn't been the easiest journey for you. I know my decisions hurt you. I know I took away decisions that should have included you. For it all, I want to apologize. I'm so sorry-" Rylee choked up. The tears streamed down her face, leaving their trail for the other droplets. 

"It's ok, baby-" I tried to reassure, but she shook her head. 

"No, it's not. I didn't reaffirm you as my boyfriend the moment we got together. I didn't make you feel accepted for being you. I didn't treat you as the man you were when I made my decisions. I was wrong for letting you believe you had no right to be my man when you did. I'm sorry," Rylee explained. Dr. Wilson gave her a tissue, and Rylee began wiping her safe, sniffling. 

"It wasn't you, Ry. You were always an amazing woman. From the moment I met you, I knew you were mine. It was like God sent a message to me when you stood up in class that day. Even with everything we ensured, there was not one moment I regret meeting you," I admit, holding tightly to her hands.