Chapter Twenty-One: An Ingenuine Promise

Disclaimer: All characters and settings are purely fictional. If there are any similarities to real people or places, it is merely coincidental. The plot is written by me and not copied from any other writer.

********** Chapter Twenty-One **********

"Definitely. She's the one. She always was," Theo's voice echoed throughout the room. He licked his lips at the end of his statement, gaining a cooing response from the interviewer. My heart raced to hear his words. Did he mean it? Were his feelings rekindled? My heart was full of so much happiness. 

My phone blew up with messages and calls, but I was too preoccupied with taking in the interview. I knew Don said the story was fabricated, but he said nothing about Theo's feelings. He called me the love of his life. Theo said he understood. Was he serious about love prevailing over all the hurt? I didn't want to believe it, but my heart was pushing me to trust him. 

"Mommy?" Ty asked, interrupting my raging thoughts. I looked down at my sweet little boy dressed for bed in his pajamas. He was holding on to the football plushie his father purchased him. It was one of his new favorite toys. 

"Yes, Ty?" I replied, caressing his curly locks. His eyes were struggling to stay open as he was exhausted. He spent the day with Ryla and Ryland. Ryland loved Ty's love for football, and he was practically coaching Ty during their bonding moments. Ty loved it. Any chance to throw and catch a football was a good day for him. 

"Does this mean you and dad are together?" Ty asked, yawning into his elbow. 

"Hmmm, I guess it does," I answered. Ty nodded, processing my answer. He clutched the plushie tighter to him before snuggling up to me. As a few minutes passed, his eyes closed. His breathing evened out, and only the faint sounds of his breathing could be heard. I waited a few moments, admiring him. Using my finger, I traced out his facial features. He was the most beautiful thing my eyes laid on. 

After a few moments, I carried him to his room. He was getting heavier but not too much that I couldn't lift him into his bed. I tucked him in, ensuring he was nice and warm. I kissed his forehead before leaving the room. 

The doorbell rang, and I hoped it couldn't wake Ty from his sleep. I opened the door for Theo after confirming it was him. He was dressed in a simple white fitted tee-shirt, some black joggers, and sneakers. He looked and smelled delectable. 

"Hey," I greeted him. Theo waved awkwardly at me before walking into the place. I became super conscious about the black short pajama shorts and crop top I was wearing. It was ridiculous to be this shy after Theo had already fucked me senseless the day prior. There was nothing I was showing that he hadn't seen, touched, and tasted. I bit back a smile at the memories of us together. 

"Is Ty asleep?" Theo asked, clearing his throat a bit. His eyes met mines momentarily before drifting to my chest. His eyes darkened slightly. I wanted to know what he was thinking about, but part of me knew it wasn't too far off from what I imagined in the deep parts of my mind. Somehow, I managed to nod in response to his question.  

"Did you watch the interview?" Theo inquired, rubbing his hands together a bit. I nodded again. The silence between us was heavy. Theo didn't elaborate further. He just kept his eyes on me. The built-up sexual tension was not diffused as yet. It was severely potent. And somehow, I felt more confident than I usually was. 

It was that confidence that made me float across to him. My arms wrapped around his neck, appreciating the widening of his pupils as my actions surprised him. I took in the scent of him, the heat radiating off of him, and the desire filtrating through us. 

"I'll move to Everton," I state. 

The hands rested on my waist as he steadied me, "Seriously?"

I nodded, "If the offer is still-" 

Theo interrupted me, "Of course it is. I want my son closer to me. Training begins soon, and it would be easier for me." Theo stared into my eyes. Our different hues of brown met. Even after all these years, our eyes always told the truth. Theo's eyes were full. How many days had he stared at me like that? The look of admiration glimmered in those beautiful brown eyes. I missed staring into them. I missed the warmth I felt from looking at him. He tightens his grip a bit at my waist. 

"You're serious about this, right?" He probed further. 

"Yes. If you're willing to give us a chance, I'm willing to move," I admit, taking the leap of faith he offered me. His eyes furrowed in disbelief. 

"Rylee, I think you may-" Theo started, but I crashed my lips onto his. Pulling him into me, I moved my lips across him, urging him to deepen it. He didn't respond at first. His lips didn't move against mines until my hands wandered lower. A moan escaped him, and I found him devouring me. His tongue plunged into me, succumbing to the desire we both craved. He tasted like cinnamon and coffee. The flavors of him erupting against my tongue. Moaning, I tried pulling him into me, wanting to feel him against me. 

"You promise you'll move?" Theo asked, pulling away from me. I didn't answer him. I was entranced by the way he looked. His eyes were deep, dark, and swimming in desperation and desire. His lips were swollen, and even in the dull lighting of the room, I could make out the red stain of his skin. My fingers went to his lips, trailing the outline of his lips. My fingers grazed his beard, the scruffiness exciting me further.

"I promise," I whisper. Theo's eyes lit up for a moment. Roughly, he lifted me up, pressing his hardened body against mines. He definitely was working hard in the gym. Knowing he could lift me made me clench harder for him. I knew he felt the heat radiating from me. He carried me to my bed, where he ravished me until my promise was written all over my body.