𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐄𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓

"Oh, my god." Caroline drops her books in shock as she stares at the announcement board.

"What is it, Caroline?" Stefan questions as he looks over her shoulder, trying to see what she was freaking out about.

"I can't believe her. We promised we'd at spend our first year in college together, and yet, she does this!" Caroline could only shake her head in despair as she holds back tears of disappointment. It was official, she'd lost her best friend. Bonnie wanted nothing to do with her!

Stefan looks at the senior student list that announced what colleges they were accepted to and which one was their number one. His eyes scanned the list until it reached Bonnie's name. His eyes widened when he saw the many listed universities. Holy shit, he knew Bonnie was smart, but he didn't think she'd apply to an Ivy League. His eyebrows rose as he saw the university she chose. Duke University?!

"Can you believe this, Stef? We made a promise that we'd go to Whitmore for our first year of college! Bonnie always wanted to go because her Grams taught there! This has to be that bastard, Kols' doing! He's making Bonnie move away from us! It's so he'll have more control over her, and we can't do anything about it."

Stefan frowns, turning to Caroline. "I'm sure there's an explanation for this. You can't just run up to him and accuse him of anything. Especially if Bonnie's with him, Care."

Caroline lets out a growl, snatching up her fallen books. "This is bullshit, and I'm going to sort this out! Bonnie doesn't get to do this to us! To me! It's like she's slowly kicking us out of her life, and it isn't fair!"

Stefan kept his mouth shut as the blonde stormed past him and down the hall. He hated that Caroline was feeling this way, but that's exactly what Bonnie was doing. Anyone with eyes could see that she didn't want to be bothered with them anymore. She spent all her free time with Kol, Matt, and Rebekah. She didn't even acknowledge him, Damon, Elena, and Jeremy. Caroline was the only one that would get a decent greeting, but if she goes after Kol accusing him of making Bonnie stay away, he's sure that Caroline will be included in getting ignored. Best friends or not.

He looks back at Bonnie's name on the list. He wondered what influenced her to pick Duke University as her destination for the next four years? Will Kol follow her? Or will he stay in Mystic Falls with the rest of the Mikaelsons?

~~~

"Bonnie," Rudy greets the teen as she walks into the house.
Bonnie silently curses as Kol follows behind her. She didn't think Rudy would be here! Kol makes a face as she places a hand on his chest. "Say nothing." He makes a motion to zip his lips, throwing away the key as the brunette turns to her father.

"Dad, I didn't know you were in town," Bonnie says as she turns to him. He was sitting in the living room on the couch.

"I left a note, but it's obvious you didn't read it. Do you know how worried I was when I came home and I couldn't find you? None of your friends could tell me where you were, and I had to call Liz! And imagine my surprise when she told me you and him." Ruby spat out the word him in disgust as he glared at Kol. "Moved into Shelia's house! Bonnie, you're doing these things and I don't understand. Is this your way of teenage rebellion? Running off with whoever this is?"

Bonnie wasn't actively listening to Rudy as he ranted, she instead focused her attention on the very familiar magical signature that hummed around the room.

"I can't believe you would bring her here." Bonnie turns to Rudy, a furious expression on her face. "You can come out of the kitchen, Abby." There was a moment of silence before the kitchen door opens and Abby steps out. "Hi, Bonnie." Bonnie gives Abby a look of loathing as she eases into the room to stand beside Rudy.