𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐖𝐎

After suffering through an incredibly awkward breakfast with her dad and him chasing Kol out of the house, she headed to school. Bonnie found herself ambushed by Caroline.

"Bonnie Bennett, where the hell was you last night? I called your cell like a thousand times! Even went by your house and your dad said you weren't home!" Caroline questions as Bonnie grabs her books out of her locker.

"I was out. Decided I needed to get away for a few hours."

Caroline raises an eyebrow at Bonnie's disinterested tone. "Out? Where did you go? I didn't see you at the Grill! There's only but so many places you can go to Mystic Falls!"

Bonnie shakes her head, adjusting her shoulder bag strap. "Who said anything about being in Mystic Falls?" She walks past Caroline who was left standing gaping after Bonnie's retreating form.

"Was that Bonnie? Did she say where she was last night?" Matt questioned as he walked up to Caroline. She continued to stare after Bonnie for a few more seconds before starting.

"She was out-of-town last night."

Matt grins, "About time she got out of Mystic Falls even if it was for a night. This place was suffocating her."

Caroline shakes her head. Sure, Bonnie was suffering from expression magic and the whole no-humanity Elena ripping her throat ordeal but it wasn't like her to just up and disappear! She was missing for almost twenty-four hours!

"I don't think she left the town alone."

Matt pats Caroline on the shoulder. "Even if she did, it's not our business, Care. Bon's had enough drama with our personal lives. Let her have fun."

Despite what Matt says Caroline was going to get to the bottom of this. Just who was Bonnie hanging out with last night?

Damon? No, he's too far up Elena's ass for that. Stefan too. Tyler was with her last night. Matt and Jeremy were working. So, just who was it?

She lets out a gasp, "She was with Rebekah! It's only logical! I mean Bonnie was wearing makeup for christ's sake! You know she's always sprouting the natural look. That makeup looks like a feminine touch!"

Matt stares at Caroline surprised, "Look I know this is gonna sound rude but Care, you should just keep out of it. It's not yours or anyone else's business who Bonnie hangs out with. I mean tell me the truth, when's the last time you've hanged out with Bon? Sat down and had a genuine conversation as best friends without anything related to the cure, Elena, and the Mikaelsons?"

Caroline frowns as she couldn't think of a time she and Bonnie had a real conversation. "Well, I've been busy! What about you? Have you talked to Bonnie since prom?"

Matt nods, "I talk to Bon every day, it doesn't matter if it's for a few minutes or few hours. That's what friends do. I get we get busy with our own lives but remember we all own Bonnie for saving our asses. Plus we grew up with her and call her our best friend!"

Caroline looks at Matt with wide eyes. He talked to Bonnie every day?! Since when?!

"I've got to get to class, Care! See you on the field!"

She was going to get to the bottom of this.

⊱ ────── {.⋅ ✯ ⋅.} ────── ⊰

Bonnie had managed to avoid her friend's curious and questioning look all day. Christ, she leaves for ONE NIGHT and everyone is fucking inspector gadget and in her damn business. She lets out a sigh as she heads to the football field. It was time for cheer practice and to be integrated once again by Caroline and most likely Elena.