Prats and Potions

After everyone had finished, Albus stood up to give his Start-of-Term speech. It wasn't just the usual warning. Instead, it was quite morbid, and, in Sadie's opinion, it was a bit over dramatic. Buy hey, such was the style of Albus Percival Wulfric Brian Dumbledore. Something about staying away from the third floor corridor unless they wanted to die a painful death. Both Sadie and Minerva looked at him disapprovingly. The Weasley twins looked thrilled at that notion. Sadie hoped and prayed that they wouldn't get any ideas. As soon as they were released, Sadie mouthed a 'goodnight' to her mother who smiled in return.                                                                                                   

The moment they were out in the hall, Nadine yawned. "Wow. That was a good meal. I must've had a long day or something because I am really sleepy."

Apparently, the yawns were contagious. George yawned as well, draping an arm around Nadine's shoulders. "You're not the only one. I guess it has something to do with the pranks on the train."

Nadine slapped his arm weakly. "Oh, shut up. I told you not to do those!"

Fred laughed. "Well, we didn't exactly make you," he pointed out tiredly.

Sadie spotted Percy, who had indeed been made a Gryffindor Prefect, leading the first years to the dormitories. Then she turned her attention back to her drowsy friends. By the time they made it to the portrait of the Fat Lady, George and Nadine were leaning on each other for support, and Fred was leaning on Sadie, who was more than happy to help.

"Caput Draconis," Sadie told the Fat Lady. The portrait swung open. Sadie helped her friends through the portrait. They had barely made it to the couches before the three crashed. Nadine was draped across George's body. Fred was hanging halfway off the couch. Sadie quickly levitated the two boys to their respective dormitory, leaving Lee Jordan to care for them while she took Nadine up to their dormitory.

She laid Nadine on her bed and transfigured her robes into night clothes. When Angelina and Alicia came in, they shot a questioning look at Sadie.

"She was really tired after dinner. Crashed on the couch as soon as we got into the common room."

It wasn't a lie, technically, and it seemed that satisfied the other two chasers, and they got into their beds after changing. As soon as everyone was asleep, Sadie checked her watch. It was only nine o' clock. Sadie picked up her Percy Jackson book and started reading. Soon enough, eleven forty-five was upon her. She blew out her candle, transforming into her tabby cat form. Slipping into the shadows, she made her way into one of the animagus passageways that Fred and George had suggested making so that the Fat Lady didn't get suspicious. As soon as she was out of the Gryffindor territory, she kept to the shadows. She never knew where Filch was or where another teacher was and didn't want to risk getting caught out after hours, in animal form or not. The twins had the map in George's trunk, but Sadie didn't want to invade on his privacy.

Oh who was she kidding? She was just too lazy.

Eventually, she found herself inside of the Marauder Room. Cedric was already there, on the sofa, tapping his foot nervously. Sadie transformed back, startling Cedric. He jumped with a screech. Good thing the walls were soundproof.

"Calm down, Ced. It's just me," Sadie reassured him, sitting down. He sighed in relief and pulled her into a hug.

"So what was it you wanted to tell me?" Cedric asked.

Sadie pursed her lips. "Promise you won't get mad?" Cedric nodded. "You know how you said Professor Snape seemed to come by to check on me a lot?"