The Next Chapter

(I know that's a horrid title, but I'm running out of ideas here so cut me some slack.)

Sadie was having a dreadful nightmare. She was in the dungeons with Severus. He was repeatedly slamming her on the floor, making her arm ache from where it would hit the floor, right where Severus had broken it in real life. Minerva entered the room and cried out, seeing Sadie get slammed into the floor again. Severus whirled around on Minerva with a murderous glare.

"No! I'm the one you want! Take me!" Sadie called, trying to get Severus to ignore Minerva. He ignored Sadie, pulling a whip out of his pocket. He hit Minerva with it over and over. She cried out in pain, blood appearing all over her. Sadie screamed, rushing over to protect her. Severus threw her back on the floor and went back to whipping Minerva. After a few more whips, the light left Minerva's eyes and she slumped against the wall.

"NOOOOOOO!" Sadie screamed, rushing forward again. Severus disappeared in a snap. Sadie knelt over her mother's mangled body and cried. Minerva was dead. Suddenly she heard her mother's voice call her name.

Sadie jolted upright, tears streaming down her face. Her hair was flying above her at a rate she had never seen before. She spotted her mother's worried face next to her in their bed. She flung herself into Minerva's arm and clung to her for dear life.

"Don't die, Mum! Please don't die!" Sadie begged, burying her face in the surprised professor's robes.

"Whatever are you talking about, Kitten?" Minerva asked, wrapping her arms around the girl anyways.

"He-he was t-trying to k-kill you!" Sadie hiccuped. "H-he was whip-whipping you! And then y-you d-died!" She burst into a fresh stream of tears, shaking in her mother's arms. At this point she had realized it was just a dream, but she couldn't get herself to stop crying. She knew he'd do it, Severus would. She knew he would kill her if he had to. She didn't want to lose her mother. Apart from Harry, Minerva was all she had left.

"Who?" Minerva demanded angrily.

Sadie took a shaky breath, leaning into Minerva and forcing her hair down. "What time is it?" She purposely avoided her mother's question.

Minerva looked up at a clock and gasped. "It's six thirty! I must've fallen asleep! We need to get to the Great Hall for dinner!" Sadie nodded, reluctantly getting out of the bed with her mother and going to wash her face. Once she was done, she pulled her hair back in a high ponytail, not at all wanting to be recognized as her father's daughter.

When they walked into the Great Hall through the back door, the chatter stopped and all the students' eyes were on her. She fidgeted uncomfortably under their gaze, following Minerva to her seat. Minerva always had an empty seat beside her for when Sadie visited. She sat in the seat, unhappy it was in between Minerva's and Severus's. It had never bothered her until now. Minerva always had a glamour charm on her anyway during meals anyway.

Her eyes were still puffy and red from crying, and she gripped her mother's hand under the table. The talking rose back up to a quiet hum, most wondering exactly who she was and why she got to sit at the head table. She usually had blonde hair and hazel eyes, so this was a change for all of them.

Her eyes scanned the room. She caught Bill winking at her and smirked. Charlie was spooning mash potatoes into his mouth as fast as he could. She supposed that it was because, according to Minerva, they were not the richest family and had seven children. She spotted another younger Weasley sitting on Charlie's other side, trying to get him to slow down.

She turned to her mother, not knowing how her question would be replied to. "Mum," she began.

Minerva quickly chewed and swallowed the piece of chicken she was eating. "Yes, dear?"