Breakfast Betrayal

The next morning, Sadie woke up in the bottom layer of the bunk bed she shared with Harry. She stretched and sat up. Harry was still asleep, so she let him be. She combed her greasy black hair and pulled most of it back in a red ribbon, letting a few strands frame her face. She dressed in a red, skin-tight shirt that said Gryffindor Pride, a miniskirt with leggings, and some ankle boots. She had gone into Minerva's chambers the previous night to get this outfit before following Severus to the dungeons. She quickly exited the room, making sure to close the door so as not to disturb Harry.

She heard two voices arguing in Severus's foyer. One was the voice of her father and the other was one of a very pompous man she knew to be Lucius Malfoy. She quickly entered the foyer, pulling on a black cardigan over her Gryffindor Pride shirt. It was indeed Lucius Malfoy. Next to him stood a girl about Sadie's age with pale blonde hair straight as a bone and down to her waist and grey eyes identical to her father. She was wearing a simple black dress that with to mid thigh. Sadie quickly went to stand by her father, unbeknownst to him.

"...my daughter Nadine. She wanted to see the castle," Lucius was saying. Severus had his arms crossed. He glanced towards the fireplace, leading Sadie to believe they had flooed in and surprised Severus.

"Yes, but you cannot just floo into my private chambers whenever you please. Besides, there are classes today, and non-students cannot just strut about the castle," Severus retorted.

Lucius raised an eyebrow. "Yes? Then why is there a child standing next to you out of uniform when breakfast is in half an hour?"

Severus turned in surprise to see his own daughter. "This is my daughter, Sadie Evans. She is allowed to be in here. Besides, she's leaving today to stay at a friend's house." He put a firm hand on his daughter's shoulder. Nadine smiled warmly at Sadie, who gave a quick grin before glaring at Lucius.

Lucius looked surprised. "Daughter? Evans? As in Lily Evans? Severus, you never told me you had a daughter."

"To be fair, neither of us knew until literally two days ago, sir. Now, I think my father has made it quite clear that you are not welcome at the present time into neither his quarters nor Hogwarts, so perhaps you should come back next Saturday when there are no classes," Sadie shot. Severus had to suppress a smile at how Lucius's eyebrows shot up to the tips of his blonde hair.

"You dare tell me what to do, child?" He started to pull his wand out, but she piped up again.

"I think you'll find yourself at war with all of Hogwarts's staff if you try to curse or hex me as I am under the protection and love of every single professor here, thank you very much." She locked eyes with him, giving him her mother's signature stern stare. Severus looked around as if expecting to see Minerva standing in there with them as well. Nadine giggled lightly, just quiet enough that Sadie could hear it but neither girls' father could. Lucius puffed up his chest.

"Your mother defied my lord as well. Someday, you will meet the same sticky end!" His eyes widened as he realized who he had said that in front of. Nadine looked up at him in shock and horror. Sadie and Severus glowered at him. Severus put out the fire with his wand and set up wards that prevented Lucius from leaving. Lucius tried to back away, but he was cornered. They slowly started towards him. Sadie flitted her eyes towards Nadine and then to the side, motioning her to move out of the line of fire. She nodded, grabbing her father's wand and darting to the side. Lucius felt his wand leave his hand and glanced at his daughter, who was scurrying away.

"NADINE!" His face turned red in anger.

Sadie laughed menacingly. "Just change the color of your hair to the color of your face and you could be a Weasley!" she mocked. Then she kneed him in the soft spot. He doubled over in pain. Severus shoved him into the fireplace and started the fire up again. Sadie took his wand from Nadine and stuck it in his hand. Severus threw a handful of floo powder into the fire.

"Malfoy Manor," he called. Lucius disappeared in a flash. Severus and Sadie both turned to Nadine, who backed up slightly.

"Well, are you going back?" Sadie asked. Nadine shook her head.

"I've been waiting so long for a chance to get away from him. Mother and Draco are alright, but Father is horrid. He beats me for questioning a single thing he does. I'm glad you set him right," Nadine answered quietly. Sadie nodded.

"Dad, can Nadine come with us to the Burrow with the Weasleys?"

Severus nodded. "Go get your brother up. Then you can floo over. I think I should come with you and explain the newest guest." Sadie nodded and pulled Nadine to her room to wake Harry.