Trials and Tribulations

Three quarters through dinner, Quirrell got up and left. Minerva left about five minutes after so as to not look suspicious. No one payed them any mind except for the Golden Trio and Sadie. Sadie knew the twins would follow her if she was out, so she had nicked the Marauder's Map before dinner just to be sure. They had never minded before. She doubted they would mind this time.

After dinner, they met in the hallway as planned. Sadie casted a quick silencing charm on their feet and an extra disillusionment charm on them for good measures. They could only see each other. They scurried to the third floor, where Fluffy was. As soon as they were near the door, Sadie canceled the charms.

They pushed open the door to find Fluffy asleep. There was a harp playing in the corner. Harry carefully opened the trap door, trying not to make noise.

"Alright. I'll go first. If anything happens to me, get yourselves out," Harry announced. Sadie noticed the harp had stopped playing. The others were too engrossed in listening to Harry, so she did the only thing she could think of. She began to sing.

"Lavender's blue,Dilly dilly,Lavenders green.When I am King,Dilly dilly,You shall be Queen.                                                                                                                                                                       Who told you so,Dilly dilly,Who told you so?T'was my own heart,Dilly dilly,That told me so.                                                                                                                                                                                Call up your men,Dilly dilly,Set them to work.Some to the plow,Dilly dilly,Some to the fork.                                                                                                                                                                          Some to make hay,Dilly dilly,Some to cut corn.While you and I,Dilly dilly,Keep ourselves warm.                                                                                                                                                                Lavender's green,            Dilly dilly,Lavender's blue.If you love me,Dilly dilly,I will love you.                                                                                                                                                                                    Let the birds sing,Dilly dilly,Let the lambs play.We shall be safe,Dilly dilly,Out of harm's way.                                                                                                                                                                                I love to dance,Dilly dilly,I love to singWhen I am Queen,Dilly dilly,You'll be my King.                                                                                                                                                                        Who told me so,Dilly dilly,Who told me so?I told myself,Dilly dilly,I told me so."

Fluffy was lulled back to sleep as the trio jumped. As soon as Sadie stopped singing, Fluffy's eyes opened. Sadie quickly jumped down and landed on a sort of plant.

"Lucky this plant's here, really," Ron was saying.

Sadie barely listened. She knew this plant. This was a very dangerous plant. Suddenly, a vine from the plant lashed out and wrapped around Sadie's waist.