5...6...7...8...How many problems can Sadie take?

Sadie darted up and down the hallways, searching for a certain ghost. Finally, she ended up in the dungeons. She quickly peeked into the potions classroom to see...

Severus laying on the floor in the middle of a puddle of blood. And he wasn't moving.

Well, Sadie did what any sensible person would do.

She screamed. Obviously.

She rushed to him. As she neared, she could better see what had happened. The blood was from his arm, his leg, and a deep gash in his side. He was pale as a ghost, and he didn't look like he was even breathing.

"Oh my god. Oh my god. Oh my god," she murmured. She wasn't going to be able to heal this, but she tried. She quickly scrougified everything, but there was a large stain on the floor. She grabbed a few blood replenishing potions and spelled them into his stomach. That wasn't the best idea. As soon as she did, blood began pouring from the wounds again. She muttered a few expletives that, had Minerva been in the room, would have lost her at least twenty points and earned her a firm scolding.

She quickly bandaged the wounds as best as she could, and then spelled more potions in. A bit of color returned to his face, but he still wasn't breathing. She quickly preformed the reviving spell, and his breathing returned, but it was shallow and quick. This was NOT good.

She got up and ran as fast as she could to the hospital wing. "Help! Help!" she shrieked, bursting through the doors. Poppy, as well as her mother, were standing in a corner chatting.

"Sadie! Do not run in the halls! And all that yelling. Honestl-"

"Dad! I found him lying on the floor in his classroom, bleeding out and half dead! Please, come quickly!" Sadie begged, cutting her mother off.

Minerva's eyes widened. "Alright, that is a good reason for running and screaming."

The three of them raced back down to the dungeons and burst back into the classroom to see a very shaggy Lucius Malfoy standing over Severus with a knife and a wild look in his eyes. He had taken the bandages off and reopened the wounds. How had he even gotten out of Azkaban. It was obvious that he most certainly hadn't been home in a while.

He whirled towards the sound of the door slamming open. Minerva whipped out her wand and petrified him immediately, slamming him back into the wall and binding him there. But not before he threw his knife. And it hit Sadie in the center of her chest with dead accuracy.They all three slowly looked down at the knife.

"Oh," Sadie said in a small voice before her eyes fluttered shut, and she began to fall.

Minerva let out an ear shattering scream that must have been audible from Hogsmeade because a bunch of students and the professors rushed into the room, Cedric and the rest of the Fantastic Four included. Harry and Hermione were not present, but Ron was, and he just stared, horrified, at the girl he had come to call sister. Lily was there as well, and she covered her mouth in horror.

"No!" Cedric yelled, catching her two seconds before she hit the ground. His hand reached towards the knife, but Poppy stopped him.

"No! Don't! That can make it all worse! Someone help me with Severus, and quickly get the two of them to the Hospital Wing, now!" Poppy cried, running to Severus with Fred and George Weasley coming to help her, surprisingly. Minerva and Lily followed behind them numbly with Pomona making sure Minerva didn't faint. They passed Harry in the hall who let out a small cry at the sight of his sister and began to follow them.

Unwittingly, Harry and Minerva reached for each other's hands. That's what they did when around Sadie. Their hands found each other and squeezed. They realized belatedly that it was not Sadie's hand they were squeezing, but they didn't really care. It was just comforting for both of them to have someone to hold onto.