Horrors Behind the Door

A horse-faced woman came to the door with a look of surprise on her face. "Severus? What are you doing here?"

Severus glared at her but remained silent.

There was a sudden thud behind her, and she turned and gasped. "Dudley, what happened?"

"Harry tripped down the stairs and knocked me over, Mummy!" Dudley wailed, fully conscious of the fact that he had pushed Harry and then foolishly tripped, landing next to the poor unconscious boy.

Sadie gasped, pushing Petunia out of the way and rushing to her brother, whose arm was bent at a really weird angle. "Harry?!"

"Mrs. Dursley, could we, perhaps, take Harry with us for the week?" Minerva asked in a harsh tone.

Petunia nodded, her eyes portraying fear as she took in the sight of the wand hanging from Minerva's hand. None of them had noticed the beefy man sneaking up behind them. He grabbed the wand from Minerva's hand and threw it into the bushes.

Minerva screamed and turned around. "What is the meaning of-"

Vernon Dursley didn't let her finish, wrapping his large hands around her neck and strangling her.

Severus fumbled with his wand, struggling to get it out of the folds of his black cloak, but once he had it out, he quickly petrified Vernon, who fell backwards with Minerva unconscious in his grip.

"MUM!!" Sadie shrieked as Severus took care of the other two. She pried the man's hands off of her mother and purposely stomped hard on Vernon's groin.

The woman was limp in her grasped, and she burst into tears at the swollen bruises on the woman's neck. Severus grabbed the boy, lying limp on the stairs, and quickly sent a spell to gather his belongings. All that came out of a small cupboard was a stuffed lion. Then, Severus laid his hand on Minerva's shoulder, and Sadie grasped her cloak. In a flash, they were on the school grounds.

Severus and Sadie bolted towards the hospital wing, Severus levitating the two bodies in front of them.

"AUNT POPPY?!" Sadie screamed, not even noticing the queasy feeling in her stomach.

Poppy and Pomona burst out of their office, their wands in hand.

"MIN?!" Poppy shrieked at the woman Severus was levitating towards a bed. The mediwitch rushed towards the beds, casting healing spells before she was even a yard away.

Sadie ran to Minerva's bedside, shaking with sobs as she held her mother's limp hand.Pomona and Severus grimaced at not being able to help.

Poppy ran diagnostic spells over the two people. She sighed when she read Minerva's and summoned some potions which she spelled into the woman's stomach. But when she read Harry's, she passed out. Pomona lunged forwards and caught her. Severus read Harry's aloud with a horrified look on his face.

"Broken bones that healed incorrectly in his chest, arms, and right leg, whip marks on his back, malnutrition..." he trailed off, not even able to read the last one.

Pomona took it from him and screamed.

"What is it?!" Sadie asked frantically.

Pomona looked at her, tears in her eyes. "Torn anus. They raped him."

Sadie felt her heartbeat echo in her ears. Her little brother... Her baby brother... They had hurt him, and she hadn't even been there to stop them...

Severus turned on his heel, storming out into the hall to go give Dumbledore a piece of his mind.

Pomona gently shook Poppy awake. Poppy took one look at the small boy laying on the bed and burst into tears, standing and rushing to him.