Chapter 10

3 weeks after the wedding

After the wedding, Yvette felt isolated, having distanced herself from others. The thought of being near Hvitserk made her feel sick. However, upon opening the door to her cabin, she was met with laughter and moans, making her immediately regret her decision.

Yvette slammed the door shut, causing the two half-naked individuals to stop their actions and stand up. The woman, who had heard about Yvette, spoke first, "You must be Yvette." Meanwhile, Hvitserk wrapped his arms around the woman's waist, enjoying the sight of Yvette's struggle with her emotions.

Taking a deep breath, Yvette glared at the woman and demanded, "Please leave. I need a moment with my husband."

Hvitserk approached Yvette from behind as steam seemed to boil from her ears. They had discussed this before, but Hvitserk disregarded her request to keep his women of the night out of their bed. He knew the alliance was a sham, only necessary for the help of Bjorn, and he had no intention of keeping her around once he got what he wanted.

Yvette confronted him, "How dare you, Hvitserk Ragnarsson! I've asked you time and time again not to have your whores in my bed chambers. Why can't you have her in the great hall or a barn? Actually, a barn might be better, she looks like a pig."

Hvitserk couldn't help but laugh at her words, and the look on Yvette's face made him laugh even harder. She realized what she had said and was mortified.

"By the gods, Yvette, what did you say?"

"Stop! Just shut up, this isn't okay. I can't believe I just said that."

"No no keep going."

Yvette swatted at Hvitserk hitting him in the should which only fueled his laughter. "Say it again."

"I hate you, Is everything a joke to you Hvitserk. You make me so angry that my thoughts scare me and I question my love for my god."

Hvitserk rolls his eyes and turns to walk away from Yvette. Hearing her scream about another woman he could stand but hearing her talk about her god ticked his own buttons. Hvitserk mumbles something under his native tongue causing Yvette to look at him.

"What did you just say."

"Nothing my darling wife."

Yvette comes around the table that was separating and her hand grabs Hvitserks shoulder. "Why do you insult in words I can't understand. Why must you be so spiteful."

"Why must I be the one to marry you? Why must I be put through this torture of having to share a bed with you or live in this house with you?"

"If you want it that way go ask your mother to wed me off to someone else!"

Hvitserk didn't know what came over him maybe it was angry but it felt like so much more and before he knew what he was doing he standing in front of Yvette eyes burning into her soul he hands around her arms leaving bruises.

"Or maybe I should just kill you Yvette and get it over it. Tell your father your fine until Bjorn gets his wishes and then raid your fathers kingdom. Would that be better for both of us."