Chapter 12

4 weeks after the wedding

Every day seemed like the same for Yvette and she felt like her life was slowly loosing meaning. Was she truly supposed to marry this Heathen? Was she supposed to help and spread the word of her god to these people? What was she supposed to be doing, why had her god left her in such a place.

As Yvette pushed opened the door to her home she immediately smelt a sweet smell that made her smile. She knew Hvitserk was home and she knew he was eating; for a second Yvette truly enjoyed her husband for a moment cause she knew her never go without food.

"So we're eating sweets before noon now?" Yvette smiled as she walked toward Hvitserk who was stuffing his face with the sweet pastry.

"Would you like some? The bakers daughters made them for me."

Yvette rolled her eyes, but to her surprise it was a playful one "of course they did my husband, they want in your pants."

Hvitserk laughed his eyes landing on his wife as she removed her cloak, "well I'm not sleeping with my wife."

Yvette turns on her heel with a steaming pot of boiling water for her tea. "Of course you have to find your pleasures else where's huh?"

Hvitserk nods as she stares at Yvette for a moment he sighs, "I have to tell you something."

Yvette site across from her husband her tea in hand "yes?"

"We are going on a raid tomorrow."

Yvette felt bile raise in her throat. his words rang and rang inside her head and all she could see was innocent people and children being killed for the sake of what? Gold? If they wanted gold Yvette could surely give them that but truly she knew no amount of gold she can give them they won't listen. To them this thrill of killing was so strong they always caved, the screaming filled theirs like it was a beautiful song made for their heart. Killing was bedded deep in their blood and she knew nothing would ever change that.

"I shall stay here and make sure ever—"

"No Yvette you are coming."

Yvette felt a blood vessel pop in her head at his words he couldn't be serious about this? Her religion her beliefs all being tested in the name of this man. Yvette knew coming here would be a religious hike through the dirt. She knew her faith would be tested on levels she's never known before and this was going the worst. She was being forced to watch innocent people die in the name of some false gods.

"No. No I won't come with you! Don't put me in this position do not Hvitserk please." Yvette felt so much angry but still she was hoarse in the throat as she begging him.

"You're coming Yvette do not try and fight this."