=2.4=

"I know, right?"

"Okay, so the 'how' works." Steve started as they all sat around the long table, holographic screens in front of them as the projected the different infinity stones and what they looked like, "Now, we gotta figure out the 'when' and the 'where.' Almost everyone in this room has had an encounter with at least one of the six Infinity Stones."

"Or substitute the word 'encounter' for 'damn near been killed' by one of the six Infinity Stones." Tony cut in as they stood at the front, like a teacher in front of a class. Or so Elara had been told.

"Well, I haven't but I don't even know what the hell you're all talking about." Scott said from beside Elara who nodded with him.

"Yeah, and I only know a lot about them. I haven't seen them except for when he had them." She said with her hand slightly raised, again like she had been told they do in school. She went to backtrack what she said as she remembered the incident on Xandar with the Power Stone and Ronan.

"Regardless, we only have enough Pym Particles for one round-trip each. And these stones have been in a lot of different places throughout history." Bruce spoke as he walked around, pass the two up front.

"Our history. So, not a lot of convenient spots to just drop in, yeah?"

"Which means we have to pick our targets."

"Correct."

"Ok. So, let's start with the Aether. Thor, what do you know?" Steve asked the demi-god, making them all look over to him in the corner. The blonde man was sitting in the corner of the room with a pair of sunglasses sitting on his nose, a can of beer in one of his hands and the other slightly in his pants. Thor didn't say anything, making the angel think he was asleep.

"Is he asleep?" Natasha asked.

"No, no. I'm pretty sure he's dead." Rhodey said. Elara decided that she would wake him up. She stood up and bent down slightly so they were at eye level with each other. The white haired angel tapped his forehead with her finger a few times. He shot up, almost knocking her down.

He smiled at her sleepily before patting her head, she returned to her seat with a similar smile as he walked up to the front.

"Uh, where to start? Um...The Aether, firstly, is not a stone. Someone called it a stone before," He pointed to Steve as he continued, "Um, it's more of an angry sludge sort of a thing so someone's gonna need to amend that and stop saying that. Here's an interesting story, though, about the Aether. My grandfather, many years ago had to hide the stone from the Dark Elves. Oooo." He made wiggling movements with his fingers as he made a ghost. Everyone seemed to be drifting off from uninterestedness but Elara was quite fascinated by it, as most things.

"Scary beings. So, Jane, actually..." He swiped on the screen behind him and a woman with long, brown hair appeared on screen. She was quite pretty, "Oh, there she is. Yeah, so Jane was an old flame of mine. You know, she stuck her hand inside a rock this one time and the Aether stuck itself inside her and she became very, very, sick." Elara covered her mouth at the sudden turn of events in Thor's story, like she was watching a telenovela, "And so I had to take her to Asgard, which is where I'm from and we had to try and fix her. We were dating at the time you see and I got to introduce her to my mother...who's dead and, um.." Elara let out a small gasp, Thor seemed to be tearing up at the memory, "Oh, you know, Jane and I aren't even dating anymore, so...well these things happen, you know. Nothing lasts forever. The only thing.."

Tony walked over and started to urge him to sit back down, "Why don't you come sit down?"

"I'm not done yet. The only thing that is permanent in life is impermanence." He let out a chuckle at the end as Tony and Elara both clapped for him, the angel more because she enjoyed the story.

"Awesome. Eggs? Breakfast?" Tony asked.

"No, I'd like a Bloody Mary."

***

"Quill said he stole the Power Stone from Morag." Rocket said as he stood up on of the table as he talked about the Power Stone.

"Is that a person?" Bruce asked.

"No, Morag's a planet. Quill was a person." Elara said from beside him.

"Like a planet? Like in outer space?" Scott said in excitement as he continued eating.

"Oh, look. It's like a little puppy, all happy and everything. Do you wanna go to space? You wanna go to space, puppy? I'll take you to space." The raccoon patted his forehead and ruffled his hair as he teased the man.

***

"Thanos found the Soul Stone on Vormir." Nebula said as she and Elara stood at the front as they talked about the Soul Stone.

"What is Vomir?" Natasha said and Elara looked down at her clasped hands with a blank look before answering.

"A dominion of death at the very center of celestial existence. Only me and our other sister knew where the Soul Stone was. It's where Thanos murdered my sister."

The room became more saddened as Nebula patted her shoulder in comfort.

"Not it."

***

"All right. We have a plan."

Steve spoke as Elara stared at the holographic screen in the room they started in with the long table. The Space, Mind and Time stones were all in New York during 2012, the Reality was on Asgard during 2013, while the Power stone was in Morag and the Soul Stone on Vormir.

"Six stones, three teams, one shot."

They suited up and walked out to the platform. All of them wearing the same outfits except for Rhodey who had his War Machine suit on but in their white, grey and red colors.

"Five years ago, we lost. All of us. We lost friends. We lost family. We lost a part of ourselves. Today, we have a chance to take it all back. You know your teams. You know your missions. Get the stones. Get them back. One round-trip each. No mistakes, no do-overs. Most of us are going somewhere we know. That doesn't mean we should know what to expect. Be careful. Look out for each other. This is the fight of our lives and we're gonna win. Whatever it takes. Good luck." Steve's speech was very moving as they all stood in a circle on the platform.

"He's pretty good at that." Rocket said from beside Elara as she looked down at him and said, "I know, right?"

"Alright. You heard the man. Stroke those keys, Jolly Green." Stark shouted to Bruce who was putting in all the coordinates.

"Trackers engaged."

"You promise to bring that back in one piece, right?" Rocket asked Clint, who had the Milano in miniature form in his hand.

"Yeah, yeah, yeah. Okay, I'll do my best."

"As promises go, that was pretty lame." Bruce returned to the circle and stood between Scott and Steve. He pushed a button on his wrist bracelet and the beeping count down started.

"See ya in a minute." Natasha said as she turned her head to Steve.

The lighting started to turn around them and the ground started to move apart from where they stood. Their helmet folded over there heads and made clear shields to protect their eyes one by one. The mirror plates on the ceiling moved and a wormhole opened in the floor.

And with that, they were gone.

A/N: Who do you think Elara is going to go with? Can't wait for the next chapter!