kiss me slowly

guys i'm so sorry for that chapter i swear things will get happier

Thomas was just starting to fade away before a loud knocking at the door wakes him. He huffs, pulling pillows over his head, just planning to ignore it. The only person he wants to talk to him is Newt, and newt is ignoring him.

'and for a good reason too,' he thinks.

When the banging doesn't stop, Thomas groans grabs a blanket and trudges down the stairs.

"Minho if that's you, you're dead!"Thomas yells, yeeting the blanket on a chair.

He pulls the door open, expecting to see an annoyed Minho or frustrated Teresa. Instead, he sees a shivering Newt.

(then he steps on the lizard and goes back inside. Im sorry I'll leave)

"Newt," Thomas breathes. His hair is darkened and sticking to Newt's face, his clothes are soaking but still, he looks as beautiful as ever. An oversized NASA shirt hangs just below his knees and Newt's lips are blue and chattering.

For a second they both stare at each other, eyeing up their disfigured appearances. It only takes Thomas a few moments to realise that rain is pouring down on his bare chest and that Newt, Newt, was standing in front of him. Everything that he had wanted to say was bubbling up to his tongue and the first thing he knew was-

"I'm sorry," Thomas burst out. Newt looked surprised. "I wasn't going to tell you, but Minho convinced me and Teresa completely threatened me and I like you so mu-"

He was cut off by Newt attacking him with his lips. Thomas made a strange noise before his brain dissolved into mulch. He was able to process exactly four things.

1) Newt's lips tasted like vanilla

2) NEWT WAS SHUCKING KISSING HIM

3) Despite how blue they were, Newt's lips were very soft.

4) NEWT WAS SH U C K I N G KISSING HIM

Newt put his good leg around Thomas's waist, pushing them against the doorway.

newt's lips tasted like vanilla coke and they were sweet and warm and pressed up against tommy's. thomas was surprised as shit but he held back the problems on his tongue and kissed back.

i can't write kiss scenes sorry

Kissing turned to hugging as Newt wrapped his arms so tight around his Tommy. Thomas was still confused but he pushed away his questions for the time being and just squeezed Newt tighter.

Newt looked up nervously.
"M-me too, Tommy, a lot," Newt stammers. "I mean, I like you too. Or something else that makes sense in English."
Thomas smiled, mentally screaming. He gently moved the wet hair out of Newt's face, feeling his ears burn red.

"Really?" Thomas asked.
Newt nodded and Thomas pulled them under the shelter. He loved the way Newt fit in his arms perfectly.

(I KNOW CANONLLY NEWT IS TALLER THEN THOMAS BUT SHUSH ITS MY FANFIC)

He didn't care that Newt was dripping wet, or that they were both getting soaked, all that mattered was Newt here in his arms right now.

They looked at each other shyly. A few minutes past of them just looking at each other. They were both blushing awkwardly, letting the fact that they had finally kissed sink in.
"So, uh," Thomas said nervously. "Do you want to come in and watch Star Wars?"

That caused them both to start laughing and Newt kissed Thomas on the nose because he was a mess and so was Newt but they were each other's messes.

BONUS BECAUSE WHY THE FUCK NOT

Newt and Thomas sat entwined on the couch of Thomas's apartment watching luke and Leia save han solo from the hands of jaba the hut. it has been awkward at first, with both of them blushing madly and neither of them wanting to make the first move. but then thomas had opened his arms and newt has gratefully snuggled into him. the two boys lay together, with thomas's fingers twirling around newt's hair.
honestly, thomas was still having a hard time believing it was real. it had been a month since thomas had realised his feelings for the blond, and let's be honest, he hadn't had the intelligence to guess what a relationship with newt would be like. this, however, was so much better then his dense brain came up with.
gently, he bent down and kissed newt's temple.

"thank you," thomas whispers softly.

"for what?"

"i don't know."
they both chuckled.

"for being in my life, i guess." thomas shrugged.

"my presence is pretty amazing."

newt shrieked when thomas pushed him off the couch, laughing.

****
ok so a summery of this chapter was CRINGE CLICHE CRINGE CRINGE EW AND I WAS REREADING THIS AND HOLY HELL IT MOVES SO FAST HOW BOUT ITS BEEN LIKE A MONTH SINCE THE METS GAME OR SOMETHING IDK SORRY

QUESTION: would you rather kill minho or newt?

ANSWER: no❤️(spoken in wanda's voice)