Chapter Thirty-One: May I?

"Who the hell does he think he is? Why is he such a jerk? He's so – ugh," complained to Triss and groaned. 

"Hey, I haven't interrupted you because it seems like you really needed to let all those anger out . . . " Her brows furrowed and she leaned on the locker beside mine as I took out the books I need. "But who the heck are you talking about?" 

"Oh," I uttered. I was so worked over Grey and I's argument I forgot I haven't even told Triss about it. I slammed my locker shut and blew through my mouth. I turned to face her but just when I was about to answer her, Luke appeared with a quiet Grey behind him. I glared at the latter. "Him." I nodded to him.

"What?" Her forehead creased amd she blinked at me, glancing at Grey.

Luke switched his gaze to Grey and I before asking, "What him?" 

"What happened?" Triss asked the same time Grey did. "April, can we talk?" 

Triss and Luke pursed their lips as they watch us, sensing the tension.

"No, we can't," I answered. His face was serious as his eyes pleaded me. I looked away before I felt guilty about my decision. I was mad at him but there were a lot of things that could pass through your mind in the span of a day. I was never one to stay mad at someone who says their apologies and I was always one who tried to put myself in other people's shoes. Even if I hated the way he reacted, I can't help but see the situation from both our perspectives. He wasn't ready to tell, he wasn't ready to accept and maybe I had been too careless about the notions he has set.

I know I need to talk to him soon . . . but not now. Aside from trying to be mad, our relationship was too confusing for me as well. I still don't know what to feel about it. What are we? After that fight? After that kiss? I have no idea where we stand and I felt like if we make up now, I will only give myself more strings to entangle myself with. I should figure out what I feel first.

"It won't take a minute, I promise. Please hear me up." I frowned, considering his words. He wanted friendship over, he needs to work up to get it back. It wasn't like when we made up before. He didn't mean to lock me up last time and we did have a history of bullying each other, but just when we were on good terms, on the peak of being friends, he said that. Last time, it felt right to draw a ceasefire but now it was just different.

I opened my mouth to decline but I stopped short when a familiar voice shouted my name. "Triss! April!" My head whipped at the voice's direction and my lips automatically pulled at a smile when I saw Liam.

Triss and I quickly ran to hug him. I, however, didn't miss Grey's frown and his low grumble before tentatively walking away. My heart did a little jump at the thought that might be he's jealous. "Oh, my gosh!" I squealed. I ignored the feeling. I shouldn't get ahead of myself. We just broke friendship and yes, we had kissed, but did it even mean anything? I know that I felt something, though I'm not sure what it is or wether it's just temporary.

"What are you doing here?" Triss asked.

"I need to sort some papers for graduation. Since I studied here before I transfered, I need to get some documents. Deadline's tomorrow," he informed us, a wide smile on his face.

"Why didn't you tell us?" I asked and scowled at him.

"I wanted to surprise you guys."

"My, look at you. You're so tall!" Triss tip-toed to ruffle his hair to which Liam pouted.

"I was this tall last summer when we guys met up," he grumbled.

"Oh, shush," Triss said.

"We missed you!" I jumped and hug him again, Triss soon joined in.