2- Them-

"What should we do with her?" The man asks. His arms are crossed, staring at the young mermaid girl in the basin.

        "First things first," his younger brother starts, holding his bandaged forearm. "We don't tell anyone. Only we know about them, and that's how we keep it."

        "Agreed," the first responds.

        The little girl stares up at them wide eyed. Her shiny brown hair falls over her flat chest. Her skin is ivory pale. Her eyes are bright turquoise.

      "What about Marla? You know how she's always wanted a child."

       "Well, we aren't keeping it."

        "But we need to take care of it for the time being. Besides, how am I going to hide it from her?"

        His companion growls. "Fine. Just you, me, and Marla will know for now."

        They're quiet for a few moments, studying their catch.

        The first chuckles. "The most interesting thing we caught was sea turtles. Now look."

        "Mom was right," the second one agrees. "Carrying out Dad's business was the best way to go."

      "Who'da thought?" the second one laughs.

      "You know how much money people'll pay for this thing? We can both retire early. My kids' college will be paid for. We'll be the ones to discover a new species. We'll be famous."

          "Who we gona contact about this?"

        "The press?" the wounded one suggests. "They can get the word out. Everything will run smoothly from there."