15 -12:30-

Bzzzt, bzzzt. 

        Brevity picks up her cellphone lying on the desk to her right and checks the screen.

   Julie

<(Hey)

        Brevity creases her brow, then taps the screen a few times.

                (Hi )>

        She turns back to her summer reading assignment on her computer screen, troubled.

        Bzzzt, bzzzt.  

       Brevity looks back down.

<(You doing anything tomorrow?)

        Why is she texting her? Isn't she mad at her for hanging out with Mandy again? She never liked Mandy. Mandy said Julie doesn't like Brevity either. But... at the same time, Mandy doesn't really know Julie as well as she claims.

                (Why?)>

        She'll play it safe and not give anything away.

        She takes a moment to think. Julie's one of her best friends. But why does she suddenly want to hang out now? And why did she never tell her about her hot cousin? You'd think you'd know if someone had a hot cousin when you've known each other all your life.

<(Wana do something?)

                (Depends. What did you have in mind?)>

<(Idk)

                (What about ur cousin?)>

        Brevity furrows her brow, her fingers hovering over the phone screen.        

                (I never knew you had a cousin)>

        She stares at the screen, waiting for a response, waiting to see what excuse she'll spew.

<(Me neither. Never met him. He wanted 2 travel b4 college &  2 meet me n April since we were on the way)

                (oh)>

<( Then he busted his legs up in a car accident :p still wants to travel tho)

<(I can bring him if u wana meet him. Hes kinda shy btw)

                   Brevity stares at the phone, semi-reassured. Julie isn't pushing her away like Mandy said. 

                (Im free now if u guys wana come over. Im home alone. Parents r at work)>

<(Sounds good. What time?)

                (12:30?)>

                 (And bring Luc. I miss u guys)>