Chapter 2

3rd Person POV.

It had been a few months now. Our class had tanked all of our points. There were many complaints of desperation back in the classroom that day. Their behavior should've obviously led to consequences, and they've learned the hard way. Now that we are at the bottom, the lowest possible situation, I wonder how Horikita intends to rise through this failure. It was certainly difficult for those who were used to the luxury and easygoing atmosphere we had at the start, students started to embrace reality.

Ayanokouji wakes up to another day and starts his usual routine, getting ready to get to school early. However, upon changing, he notices a few things. He starts touching himself all over, feeling up the sides of arms and his flanks, coming to a conclusion

"Have I gotten softer, maybe a bit weaker? I guess it's been a year since I've done any actual training"

Although difficult, he decided to setup some kind of routine to at least maintain the shape of his body, making sure to not lose out on the physical strength he had developed.

"I don't want to work out in my room since I don't want to let the smell of sweat linger here, maybe waking up early to do a few rounds of running around the campus. There shouldn't be any people awake at around 4 in the morning, I can finish by 6 or 7 then have enough time to cool down and get to school"

Ayanokouji makes up a few setups and routines in his head before heading out the school.

Ayanokouji POV

I get out of my dorm and start walking to school. I start pondering about how my life in school has been, I suppose this is what youth is? My train of thoughts get interrupted when I hear a cute and familiar voice calling out to me from my back

"Yahoo! Ayanokouji-kun, lets walk to school together"

"Sure, I don't mind"

We continue to walk to school, having a few conversations about trivial things. I guess this is what school is like, having these kinds of things with people around my age, even if I am really different. I think I can blend into the norm.

"Is something the matter, Ayanokouji-kun?"

"No, it's nothing"

We continue to make our way to class. As Chabashira-sensei arrives, she explains how the midterms were coming up, it seems that not a lot of us seem to like the notion of it. Horikita will have to step up to help those 3 who were on the verge of failing. I wonder if she will change her approach now after some time has passed.

"I am assume you are still not convinced on helping those 3 to catch up academically"

"Partly, I will offer them help by setting up a study group. If they can't pass with that or aren't willing to really study while I teach them, then that's just how it is"

With Horikita's current attitude, I don't think she would get a long or be able to properly teach those 3. I will have to make a back-up plan or see what I can do to make sure they don't fail.

I head back to my room after school has ended and hit up Kushida with a text to let her know that I needed her help