Chapter 5

Author's note:

I'm back! And I am alive also!

Eh, seems like I haven't updated in a while. This was mostly because I had exams coming, and I didn't want to flop any of them. But I am now free and able to write again. Hopefully this doesn't turn out to be shit, I rushed it a bit so I could have something to publish. Now here is the chapter :D

Also, happy Holy Week for any Christians reading this 

_____________________________________________________________

Ayanaokouji POV

As I got up and dusted myself, I head out of the corridor that I had dragged Kushida into. As I make my way out, however, I see Sakura pass me and nearly bump into each other. The situation made Sakura feel bad for the little shock, so she apologized immediately. Upon looking at her closely, she seems to have slept in a bit too much. A bit of her hair is a mess, her blazer was buttoned incorrectly, same with her uniform which would reveal her undergarments a little when she would bow down.

"Sakura, you look a bit messy. Did you wake up late?" Sakura gasps a little from my accurate guess

"W-well, yes. I got back to my dorm quite late yesterday, and I also slept late too..."

"I see, you should fix yourself then. At this rate, we'll be late anyways, so you might as well take your time"

"Ok, I'm sorry, I must look very slovenly right now"

She says as she hurriedly runs into the corridor of the buildings to fix herself. I needed to confirm something , so I followed her. I see Sakura trying to fix her buttons and hair, so I ask her my question.

"Sakura?"

"A-a-ah! D-don't look yet, my top is still u-unbuttoned!" She says loudly, I could see her ears were already red

I turn around and wait for her to finish before continuing.

"A-Ayanokouji-san, s-shouldn't you have waited for me to finish outside?"

"I apologize, but I need to ask you something important"

"I-I see, what would you l-like to ask me, Ayanokouji-san?"

"You were there, weren't you?"

"Ah- what do you mean?" Sakura's face starts to shown concern at my question

"You saw the fight between Sudou and Class-C, am I correct?"

"N-no, I d-didn't see anything! And w-why do you think that?"

"When the class had found out about Sudou's case, you didn't seem to react with shock, just general concern and trouble. I could take that as you having already known what happened. Was that the reason for your lack of surprise, and you attempt to slip away from the case when you left the room after his case was announced?"

"A-awa! Y-you noticed m-me?"

"You didn't deny anything that I've said, is what I said true?"

"N-no, I w-wasn't there. P-please e-excuse me, I'll go to the classroom now"

Sakura suspiciously answered all of my questions, she looked to be more and more flustered with the situation. Her voice was higher than usual, compared to the low and soft voice she used when she apologized to me. It is possible that she might have just gotten defensive because I had suddenly accused her of something, however, what I said wasn't necessarily a bad thing. It would only mean that we have a witness for Sudou's case, so why does she not want to help us?