Chapter 7

Ayanokouji POV

I'd hung around in the girl's dorm again, I should really stop doing unnecessary things like this again. I hadn't brought a change of clothes with me, but I guess I could reuse this since I used my jersey for the most part of the day. We had a lot of checkups and PE class was a bit longer than usual because of the upcoming island exam. I guess they're just screening us for who can participate or not.

"Ayanokouji-kun, will you still drop by your room for your textbooks?"

"No, I left them under my desk. We can head out to school immediately"

"I see, you can go take a shower first. I'll make something for you"

"Alright"

I borrow one of Kushida's unused towels and step inside her bathroom. I decide to stay a little longer than usual, and enjoy the warm water hitting my skin, since Kushida should still be cooking around this time.

Thinking about it again, I'm just going to go have a wild guess and assume that Kushida doesn't hate me as much as before. She's has been more gentle with her words, and she doesn't hit me nearly as much or avoid me in school. Well, it is a good thing that she changed like this, to make things easier for myself. After taking a long dip in her tub, I step out, wrap the towel around my waist, and look for my change of clothes in Kushida's room. While I was going out however, I see Kushida pass by with an apron and spatula on hand.

"H-hey, don't walk around everywhere, you're gonna make the floor wet!" ("And maybe me too")

"You look good on the apron"

"Hmph, I know tha- hey, change already!"

"...Ah, this makes me feel like we're newlyweds, and that you're a wife that's nagging me that I'll be late for work"

"...Gross" I get a smack to the head with her spatula

"Geez, stop saying such ridiculous things, its disgusting" She says as she turns back to the kitchen quickly, but not quick enough to hide the tint of pink on her cheeks

I eventually get to her room and change into my uniform. By now, Kushida had already finished cooking and had stepped into the bathroom herself. Looking at the table, she cooked some fish, tofu, rice, and some miso soup. I guess she likes to keep things traditional. I would have started eating now, but it would be a bit rude to start before the person who cooked it, so I fiddle around my phone for any announcements about the exam. Apparently, class today is delayed to 9AM and the rest of the day is mostly organizing the exam and meeting up with our respective classes. The exam seems a lot bigger than we think it is, and this could be the turning point for our class.

While I was pondering about the exam, Kushida finished changing and came over to the table.

"You didn't have to wait for me, you know?"

"I thought it would be rude if I started without you"

"Well, thanks for waiting then"

"Mhm, Itadakimasu"

"Itadakimasu"

"Mmm, it's good, you're cooking I mean"