the moment i knew - steve

prompt: you wanted to know when steve knew he was in love with you🤷‍♀️

steve slides into bed next you, softly running his hands up and down your arm before pulling you close

steve slides into bed next you, softly running his hands up and down your arm before pulling you close. you melt into his arms and relax yourself against him.

"steve?" you ask quietly.

"mhm?" he hums into your ear.

"when was the moment you knew you were in love with me?" you ask, genuinely interested.

steve lightly chuckles and smiles. "i remember it like it was yesterday," he pauses as you turn around. he lays on his back and you lay on your side, looking up at him as your fingers lightly graze against his bare chest.

" it was movie night and we were all sitting on the couch, waiting for you, as per usual, and you came out wearing captain america pj pants and a plain black shirt. i remember smiling so widely as you came over to me to show me your new pjs with everyone watching us. you didn't have any makeup on and you just looked so happy and comfortable. when i caught your eye after looking at the pants, i knew. your eyes sparkled and that smile on your face was so genuine. that's the moment i knew i was in love with you, y/n." he looks down at you with a grin.

"and to think i thought you found it annoying." steve gasps, covering his mouth jokingly.

"really? did you not see the way i smiled at you or looked at you? i literally told you i loved them." he confesses.

"people lie-" you try to defend although he knew you were joking.

"i don't lie, y/n. at least not to you." he states, rubbing his hand up and down on your back. 

"i know," you whisper, falling onto the bed and cuddling to steve.

you kiss his peck before closing you eyes, ready for sleep.

"are you going to tell me when you knew?" he asks, completely confused on where this conversation was going.

"maybe when your older," you hold back a smile as you find yourself slowly falling into sleep.

"i am in fact older than you, doll." he whispers to you even though he already knew you were sleeping.