staying up late - bruce

prompt: your boyfriend never gives himself a break, so you decide to take things into your hands.

"bruce?" you walk into his lab to see him surrounded in a pile of work

"bruce?" you walk into his lab to see him surrounded in a pile of work. "bruce," you sigh, walking over to him and grabbing his face.

you force him to look at you before speaking. "it is 2:43 am, you need sleep just like everyone else." bruce nods, but looks back down at his papers.

you grab his hand and drag him and his wheeled chair the the exit. he stands up, protesting to let go of him, but you don't budge.

"y/n, let me go, i have so many things-"

"that will still be there in the morning." you finish his sentence, glaring at him. "i haven't seen you all day, the least you could do is follow me into our room so we can go to bed. you can try to sneak away in which i'll wake up five minutes later to drag you back to bed. i can do this all night, bruce." you finish your rant with a smug grin and he frowns before yawning.

"i'm sorry, it's just when i start something i don't stop until i finish." he grabs your waist and pulls you into a hug.

"i know, but you have what, six or-" he knows what you're about to say and you always get it wrong on purpose, so he cuts you off.

"seven phd's."

"seven," you pull away with a smirk. "phd's. one of them has at least brought up how important sleep is. or maybe a professor did, but what i'm trying to say is that you need to give yourself a break. a long, eight hour break." he sighs in defeat, knowing you're right.

"fine," he closes the door and waits to hear the automatic lock click.

you both head to the shared bedroom and hop into bed. as he wraps his arms around you from behind he thinks about what he would do without you. if you weren't with him he would spend his life in the lab, trying to perfect things that weren't in need of perfection.

"thank you, y/n. for everything." he kisses you cheek with a small grin.

"i know," you smile cheekily before he tickles your sides. "okay, okay, stop this madness!" you squeal trying to get out of his grasp. "you're welcome, is that what you wanted to hear?" he hums and you both relax into each other. "now go to sleep." you order.

"i love you," he whispers next to your ear.

"i love you more."