Chapter 27

The Classic. The Weekend of craziness and possibly forgiveness. We arrive at the hotel, waiting for our coach to give us our room numbers.

"She yelled at you, really?" Julie scoffs.

"She needed to blame someone, I guess I'm good at being that one person." I sigh.

"Babe, you shouldn't let her treat you this way..." Julie looks at me sadly.

"It's whatever, honestly." I shrug. "Is that Claire Young?"

"Exactly." Julie walks to her. "Hey Claire. Ready to win?"

"Julie!" Claire hugs my girlfriend. "Always ready. I guess you are too, seeing your hot stuff of a girlfriend is going to boss that thing out."

"Nice to see you too, Claire." I chuckle and hug her. "How's life?"

"Will be better once we've beaten Brooke Davis' ass again." Claire smirks.

"Hi, Claire." Brooke arrives behind us. "We just wanted to wish you good luck this weekend."

"Um, we've won four years in a row." Claire sasses.

"Including Claire for best choreography." Another cheerleader says.

"Yeah, so maybe you should keep your luck for yourself." Claire glares at Brooke. "By the way, who are you again?" Julie laughs and I glare at her trying to hide my smile.

"You know who I am. Brooke Davis, captain of the Tree Hill Ravens." Brooke replies. "We roomed together last summer at spirit camp."

"Right, right." Claire thinks. "Don't the Ravens lose every year? I mean, Taylor and Julie might be the only one who bring trophies to your school." Brooke looks at her frightenedly. "See you."

"Oh, it is so on." Brooke states.

"Can't wait to see this." Julie chuckles.

"Yeah, Peyton do you have a minute?" I ask earning a big fat glare from Brooke.

"Sure." Peyton smiles.

"Babe, save us a room, right?" I turn to Julie and she nods with a smirk.

            I walk Peyton outside so we can talk privately.

"How are things with Brooke?" I ask.

"Cheer Truce." She shrugs.

"Fun." I chuckle. "Well, she went to my house last night getting all mad because I haven't defended her against you and Lucas. Saying you're my best friend and all."

"Am I?" Peyton smirks happily.

"So not the point." I glare at her playfully. "The thing is I know she will crawl back to me saying she is sorry and all. So, I need to know where you are all guys standing now?"

"Nothing new. She doesn't speak to Lucas, neither do I. We are barely on speaking terms and I think she is going to be mad for a while." Peyton tells me. "What about you? Are you still mad at me?"

"Was I?" I raise my eyebrow playfully, and she giggles loudly.

"I miss you, Tay." Peyton hugs me.

"Me too, P. Sawyer."

"Oh, look at that backstabbing view." Brooke fakes a smile behind me.

"Oh, look at that ungrateful bitch." I fake a smile back.

"Can we talk?" She asks.

"Can we not?" I reply and leave. "P. Sawyer, see you later."

"I screwed up big time with her, didn't I?" I hear Brooke asking Peyton.

            During the evening, the girls and I decide to go to the pool to recover from our first game that we won 2/0. Julie scored one, same for me. We are enjoying ourselves when the Ravens' cheerleaders enter the room. They go to the hot tub and I turn my back to them, now facing a beautiful girl.

"Don't look at me like that." Julie chuckles while blushing.

"You're beautiful, what can I say?" I smirk and she puts her arms around my neck, her legs around my body.

"Say nothing and kiss me." She commands and I obey. "I'm glad to spend my last Classic with you, Tay." She says her forehead against mine.

"I'm going to miss you, love." I whisper.

"I'm pretty sure you'll find someone who will be more than happy to take my place." She laughs looking above my shoulder.

"What?" I frown.

"If stares could kill, Brooke would have killed me a long time ago, Tay." Julie explains.

"Not my problem." I sigh.

"For the moment, because we are good together, but once I'll go?" She wonders.

"Can we not talk about the moment my heart will break?" I tease and she chuckles.

"Your wish, my command." She kisses me with passion.

            A bit after that, Haley and Peyton join their team. What Haley is a cheerleader now? I smile at her when she is greeting by her team. And then, Nathan arrives and his friends too. Tim jumps in the pool screaming like a crazy boy and we all start to fight. I jump on Peyton and she ends up under water.

"Tay! Stop that!" She yells getting out of the water.

"It's fun." I say unapologizing.

"Jerk." She glares at me.

"I missed it." I chuckle.

"I bet you do." She puts me under water.

            Then, everything stops, and we only can see Coach Durham glaring at us. Oops. The basketball team is sending back to their room, same with the cheerleaders, for us it's more a choice than anything else.

            The next morning, we win our second and last game 5/0. Five goals for me. Since we're done for the tournament, we decide to go to the cheerleader's competition first and then, to the basketball game.

"Taylor! Wait!" Brooke stops me before I go to the stand.

"What?" I roll my eyes.

"I'm sorry, okay?" She sighs. "I shouldn't have come after you because all you did was being there for me when no one else was. Thanks for that by the way. The thing is I need you, Tay. You're one of my best friends since always and I miss us. I miss hanging out at your house, I miss cuddling your side for hours, I miss you calling me baby..." She rambles. "Anyway, I miss you and I hope you could forgive me."

"I do, you're all forgiven. And now, please, beat Claire's ass at the choreography thing, you're better than her." I wink at her, kiss her forehead and go sit next to Julie.

"Told you she loves you." Julie smirks.

"Shut up, girlfriend." I chuckle and she takes my arm leaning against it softly.

"Did you see Haley?" Nathan winks at me.

"A great cheerleader." I tap his shoulder proudly.

"Oh and say thanks to your mom. I'm officially emancipated. I've got a signed deal for an apartment." He smiles.

"Wow, big step big man." I hug him from behind. "Congrats, I'm proud of you."

            We smile and look at our friends starting their dance. They look great and they are having fun. At the end, they don't win but Brooke wins the best choreography. We don't have much time to celebrate because right after, the Ravens win too thanks to Nathan's fadeaway. We all go back to Tree Hill and normal life the next day.