Chapter 34

I'm waking up slowly, it still feels like a dream, thinking about Nathan and Haley getting married. Julie rolls to my side of the bed and growls slightly putting her arm over my torso. The sun hits her sleepy head, and she snuggles into my neck.

"Morning, beautiful." I whisper.

"Tay, it's so soon, why are you even awake?" She sighs.

"I want to make the most of our last day together, love." I state.

"Oh..." She realizes.

"Did you forget about that?" I wonder.

"Maybe... so, what are you up to?" She looks at me with a small smile.

"Can we walk near the soccer field? I want to remember us properly." I offer.

"Whatever you need." She kisses me softly.

            We're getting ready and then, we go to the soccer field. We sit in the stand and I look at the view sadly.

"Do you remember our first game together?" I ask.

"Of course, you've just arrived, and we were all wondering why coach Jones loved you so much." Julie chuckles at the memory. "Two state championship's titles later, I think we all know why."

"It's been a great time." I smile. "I bet you already had a crush on me at the time."

"Who didn't?" Julie wiggles her eyebrows. "You're something else, Taylor. Everyone saw that right away, you made it hard not to crush on you."

"Sure..." I chuckle sadly.

"Are you sad?" Julie says her head on my shoulder.

"Yeah... I just wish you could stay here with me forever." I admit.

"I know..." Julie kisses my shoulder softly. "But let's enjoy the day, right?"

"Sure." I kiss her temple and hug her. "Want to eat some ice cream?"

"Just like our first date?" She giggles.

"You remember well." I smirk.

            We go to the same place as we did during our first date and we spend some time walking while eating our ice cream. After a while, we stop near the water and I spot Brooke and Peyton on a boat.

"Look at your future girlfriends." Julie laughs a bit.

"Shut up." I glare at her playfully.

"I'm glad they are friends again."

"I'm glad too, I hope it will stay this way, I don't want too much drama for the end of the year." I confess.

"Do you really think it's possible?" Julie chuckles.

"Nope.... But I'm a believer, what can I say?" I chuckle back.

            At this moment, my phone rings. Nathan.

"Hey, married guy, how's life?" I say happily.

"Tay, can you come to the hospital? Dan had a heart attack..." Nathan seems upset.

"For God's sake..." I sigh. "I'll be there, don't worry."

"Do you already need to stop believing?" Julie teases.

"Do you mind coming with me to the hospital? Nathan's father had a heart attack..."

"I don't mind..." Julie sadly smiles. "How did it happen? Did Nathan tell him for Haley?"

"Jerk." I glare at her. "But it can be something actually."

            She laughs and we go to the hospital. Once we are near Dan's room, I quickly spot Nathan and Haley. I walk to them and Nathan hugs me tightly, as if he is scared I'll leave him alone.

"I'm sorry you have to be here today...." Nathan whispers. "I know it's her last day, I didn't mean to mess it up."

"I know. Don't worry, I can't let you alone, right now..." I say softly. "How is he?"

"Alive, but still asleep..." Nathan explains.

"Is Lucas around?" I wonder.

"Nope, he left for Charleston with Keith." He tells me and I'm surprised. "He didn't tell you?"

"Nope." I simply state. "Does Deb know? For you and Haley?"

"Yeah, she didn't like it very much..."

"She's going to get around the idea, don't worry she just needs time. She's a mother, a great one. If you're happy, she will be too."

"I needed to hear this, thank you." Nathan kisses my hair, and we turn to Haley and Julie.

"Do you want to go outside? Drink some coffee or something?" I offer.

"Sure, I think I need to see Karen actually." Haley says.

            We go to Karen's Café and Haley goes inside alone. We sit with Nathan on a bench and Lucas calls him. We decide to let them talk privately and we spend the end of the day at Julie's house surrounding by her family. I help her gather all her belongings and once she's done, we sit on her bed.

"So, that's it?" I wonder.

"That's it...." I can see tears in her eyes.

"Don't cry, baby." I hug her. "I'll always be there for you, okay?"

"I know." She clenches on my t-shirt. "I love you."

"I love you too."

            This will be the end of one of the happiest periods of my life.