Underwater

After running away from Isaac, Stephanie found herself back at her house, Will just pulling into the driveway after detention

She practically crashed into her brothers chest who looked at her like she was crazy. "What are you-" "Come on." Stephanie interrupted, pulling him into the house.

"What is wrong with you?" Will asked, a breathy chuckle escaping his lips as Stephanie looked up at him with wide eyes. "Did you see someone following me when I ran up to you?" Will scrunched his face at Stephanie's question, shaking his head no, making her sigh.

A repeated knocking at their front door made them both freeze. They both took slow steps to the door, Will slowly grabbing the baseball bat that sat in the corner as Stephanie threw the door open. They instantly calmed down at who was there but grew worried again when they saw Scott's out of breath and worried state. "We gotta go. It's Stiles."

...

"You were right. It's not like you. Its eyes were almost like... Reptilian. But, there was something about them." Stiles sighed as he got into Scott's car. Will's face scrunched as he and Stephanie leaned in between the drivers and passenger seat. "What do you mean?"

"You know when you see like, a friend in the Halloween mask... But all you can actually see are their eyes? And you feel like you know 'em but you just can't figure out who it is?" Stiles asked and Stephanie straightened up at his words. "Are you saying you know who it is?"

Stiles shook his head at her question. "No... But I think it knew me."

...

The next day, Stephanie sat with Scott and Stiles on the stairs, she was half asleep on Stiles' shoulder as he went over what Allison wanted him to tell Scott. "I'm so sorry about the other day. I'm trying. We'll get through this. Um, I know, because I love you. I love you more than.. Oh, my God!"

Stephanie shot up from Stiles' yells and he quickly spun around to face her, patting the top of her head as an apology for waking her up and turned back to Scott. "I can't.. You and Allison just have to find a better way to communicate. Ask Steph or something."

The tired girl turned to the boys at her name, shaking her head. "I don't know what you want me to do... but no."

Scott sighed. "Come on, you guys are the only one we can trust. Is she coming to the game tonight?" "Yes!" Stephanie answered, annoyed from being woken up. "Okay, message complete. Alright now, tell us about your boss?" Stiles added and Stephanie adjusted herself to face the two boys, hearing what Scott had to say.

"Uh he.. He thinks that Allison's family keeps some kind of uh, records of all the things that they've hunted. Like a book." Stephanie's eyes slowly started to grow wide as an idea popped into mind.

"He probably means a beastary." Stiles said and Scott's brows furrowed. "What?" "A beastary." Stephanie restated and Scott started to chuckle. "I think you mean bestiality."