Daydreamers

Stephanie woke up to a burning feeling

Stephanie woke up to a burning feeling. She slowly opened her eyes and immediately shot up on her bed in fright at her surroundings.

Stephanie was in the middle of a fire. Her whole house was in flames and she sat right in the middle of it as if nothing was wrong. She quickly scrambled out of her bed when a bloodcurdling scream shook the walls. It was Sabrina and James.

"Mom! Dad!"

Stephanie ran towards her door, trying to twist the scorching, red hot handle but she was locked in. "Mom! Dad!" Stephanie screamed again but instead of receiving a reply from her parents, two more screams rang out. Will and Isaac.

"Will! Isaac!" Stephanie screamed, wind blowing around her until it knocked her down, just before she could hit the ground, Isaac caught her from behind, slowly bringing her to the ground.

Isaac pulled Stephanie in between his legs, letting Stephanie lean into his back. Will ran in front of her, trying to knock her out of her nightmare.

Stephanie couldn't hear a word Will was saying, the house was no longer on fire and there were no more screams but that didn't stop small flames escaping her fingertips in fear.

Isaac held her hands in his, letting her burn him so she didn't harm anybody else as he groaned, looking up at James and Sabrina. "Can we get some cold water or something? To cool her off."

James immediately ran towards the kitchen to get some cold water. "Her eyes are still purple." Sabrina said, kneeling down to sit next to Will in front of Stephanie. Isaac groaned as Stephanie continued to burn his hands unconsciously. "She just needs to cool off."

James came back into the bedroom, holding a glass of cold water. Sabrina quickly took the glass from him. "Okay. Okay. Um... What do I do?!" Sabrina mumbled, slightly panicked at the sight of her daughter still not fully out of her daydream. Will looked back and forth between his mom and Stephanie before grabbing the glass out of his moms hand and throwing the water onto Stephanie.

Stephanie gasped for air, her eyes going back to brown and the fire stopping around her fingers. Isaac sighed, letting go of Stephanie's hands to wipe his face. "Could've warned me." Will winced slightly at Isaac's words. "Sorry."

Sabrina sighed. "Let's get you up, Sweetheart." Sabrina mumbled and Isaac nodded, helping Stephanie up into the bed. Sabrina leaned forward on the bed to brush hair out of Stephanie's face as she tried to calm down. "Are you okay?"

Stephanie nodded her head as she pulled the blankets all the way up to her chin. Sabrina sighed, kissing the top of Stephanie's head and walking out of the room. James copied his wife's actions, kissing the top of Stephanie's head and walking out of the room. Will playfully squinted at his sister, shaking his hand through her hair to mess it up, making Stephanie laugh with a groan.

Will took in a deep breath, watching his sister. "If something happens, I'm right across from you." Stephanie smiled, nodding her head. "I know." Will nodded, a playful smile on his face as he walked out of the room. "Love you, jerk." He called out as he walked out of the room.