T W E N T Y

visiting hours

Alfie opened her eyes.

She was met with a bright light, and she lifted her hand to cover her eyes until she'd gotten used to it. She heard someone gasp when she moved, and she peered through her fingers to see May and Alec looking at her.

"Hey." Alfie croaked and she began to try and sit up straight. May got up to help her and Alec went to get a cup of water. Once Alfie had sat up properly, she looked around the room, and saw Lando and Kota sat together, sleeping with their heads resting against eachother.

May went to wake them up, but Alfie held her hand out. "Don't- that's the calmest they've been around eachother for weeks."

May nodded and sat down on the chair she had previously occupied. "Are you okay?"

"I'm fine." Alfie assured her. Alec came back into the room and gave Alfie a cup of water, and sat down back beside May. Alfie took a sip of water, before turning to Alec. "I haven't spoken to you in ages. I only see you when you change my tires." she joked.

Alec laughed slightly. "Yeah well, May and I thought we'd come down and see you. We were going to come down yesterday but Fred called me in for work."

Alfie narrowed her eyes at the pair. "You keep saying 'we.' Am I missing something?"

May frowned before her eyes widened. "Oh, we were gonna tell after the race, but um, well." she gestured to the hospital room.

Her and Alec smiled at eachother before May turned back to Alfie. "We got together a couple of weeks ago."

"I knew it!" Alfie exaimed. She was apparently louder than she thought she had been, because her shout caused Kota and Lando to wake up.

Alfie winced slightly as she realised she had woken them up, "Sorry" she said.

Kota waved a hand dismissively. "It's okay Alf." it took her a few moments to realise what had just happened until she shot out of her seat. "Alf!"

"Hi." Alfie gave her a weak smile.

Lando let out a large breath. "Jesus Alf we didn't think you were gonna wake up."

Alfie rolled his eyes at him and looked back at Kota. She pointed at May and Alec "Did you know about this?"

Kota nodded, "Yeah, they told us when Alec turned up here the night you were brought in." she answered, but she didn't seem to be intrested in catching Alfie up to date with what she had missed. She sat back down in her chair. "How do you feel? You okay?"

Alfie sighed. "I'm fine. Don't worry" she said, waving a dismissive hand.

"Alf you were chucked into a barrier at 100 mph four days ago. and have been out cold ever since." Lando butted in. "Of course we're going to worry."

Alfie went to argue, but stopped herself. "That's fair actually." The room was silent for a minute before Alfie's eyes went wide. "Shit has anyone talked to my parents?"

Lando nodded. "George talked to them yesterday."

Alfie frowned at him. "George?"