N I N E T E E N

that funny hollow feeling

*this chapter will mention crashes and Anthoine*

Alfie felt different. She hadn't spoke to George in weeks. He wouldn't answer her texts or calls, and if she tried to catch him on the track, he would nudge his PA, and they would walk in the other direction.

She didn't understand why he was so angry. Yes, from how it must have looked, she knew he must think she liked Antonio, but surley he would have the sense to know after everything he'd put her through, there would be a bigger story.

The media had gone wild. Every newspaper, magazine and online article seemed to be about her, and she hated it. Everytime Alfie would go outside, she'd get disgusted looks from people passing.

It seemed Dakota was the only one who believed Alfie's side of the story. Kota wouild wake up at three in the morning, her phone ringing, because Alfie had just read another article written by a mysoganistic man, or she'd spammed George's messages again.

Kota had reached out to George herself, telling him to man up and listen to Alfie's side of the story, but he ghosted her too.

George was in what felt like hell. Not speaking to Alfie was complete torture. And he couldn't talk to anyone about it.

He hadn't told his parents or siblings about what had happened, because he knew that Alfie was like family to them, and he didn't want them to loose that relationship, no matter how angry he was.

Even though it was killing him, George couldn't bring himself to talk to Alfie. Seeing her kiss Giovinazzi like that after realising how he felt about her, it just felt like she'd stabbed him in the back with a knife.

It was that funny hollow feeling inside his stomach.

Heartbreak.

Race week at the Nürburgring circuit.

Just what Alfie didn't need. With her and George not talking, and Giovinazzi still making shows at races, the media had plenty of questions to ask.

The whole weekend, she had been flooded with questions like :

"Why are you and George Russell not talking?"

"Are you and Antonio Giovinazzi in a romantic relationship?"

"How does Frederick Vassuer approve of your's and Giovinazzi's relationship?"

"Does George not aprrove of your new found love for Antonio?"

They were all bullshit, taking things from the first article and spinning then out into new lies.

Thankfully, it was Sunday, and Alfie would only need to deal with the last few interviews after the race, and then she would have a two week break from racing. Usually, Alfie would internally die approaching a two week break, but at the moment, she saw it as a God send.

She was pacing beside the car out on the grid. She would be staring P12, which wasn't her best ever qualifying finish, but was good enough to give her a good start into the first lap of the race.

Alfie was handed her helmet after a few minutes, which she pulled onto her head. She put on her racing gloves, and got into the cockpit of the car.