BONUS : Stressed

unlikely confidant

- part 2

Alfie was walking down the street, her eyes streaming with tears. She was dwelling on George's words, and her own. Her tears were mixed with the heavy raindrops that poured down her face, and got stuck in her eyelashes.

She didn't bring a coat with her as she stormed out of her and George's hotel room, and regretted it. About five minutes after she had left it began to hammer down. She was soaked from head to toe, but it didn't stop her from walking.

A car pulled up where she was walking, and the window rolled down to reveal the one person Alfie did not expect to see.

"Alfie? What are you crazy? Why are you walking in the rain without a coat?" The Italian accent of Antonio Giovanazi sounded from the drivers seat.

"I'm fine." Alfie said, but it came out more like
'fine-d' . She sniffled and wiped under her eyes. Antonio gave her a disbelieving look, and opened the car door. He walked towards her, "Look I know I'm not you're favourite member of company but you're going to get ill if you don't warm yourself up." he said.

Alfie looked up at him for a few seconds. After their...incident, Alfie and Antonio had spoken once. Antonio apologise for his actions, more sympathetically than before, and the pair had agreed that they wouldn't talk to each other unless necessary, and then they would be civil.

Even if she didn't want to admit it, he was right. She would get ill if she kept walking. Reluctantly, she follows him to the car, and got in the passengers seat. Antonio turned on the seat heaters so Alfie would have some warmth as they drove. "Where am I taking you? Your's and George's place?"

"No." she said, abruptly. Antonio raised his eyebrows in surprise. "Oh- uh I'm sorry, is everything okay with you two?"

Alfie shook her head. "Yeah, were fine." but her tone didn't match her words.

Antonio sighed. "I know we're not best friends. But if you want to rant about something I have ears."

"And a mouth you could use to repeat the things I said?" Alfie replied harshly.

Antonio sighed, but accepted the shot. "Okay. That's fair. I wouldn't have said anything, but I know why you'd you think that. Offer still stands if you want to say something."

Alfie closed her eyes for a few seconds, before she blurted it out. "We got into a fight about a wedding dress."

Antonio frowned. "A wedding dress? Oh congratulations by the way on the engagement. But, his fault?"

Alfie shrugged. "I don't know. Not really? He was asking me why I was stressed about picking the dress, and I asked why he was so stressed about picking some Mercedes for us to turn up in. He said about Mercedes being his team and how Toto would take kindly to him turning up to his wedding in a Merc."

Antonio frowned again. "But then with that logic wouldn't you need to turn up in an Alpine?"

"That's what I said! Then he started on about driver changes, and how if we used a Merc Toto might take an interest to me, and when I said I didn't particularly want to drive for Mercedes, we argued about that. I mentioned Esteban's win at Hungary, youre first year actually. He said some crap about him only winning because half the grid was taken out, so I made a jab at his first points with Williams being in that race, and we lashed out at each other." Alfie said, as she explained to Antonio everything that had happened.

Alfie felt better letting out what had happened, even if she was ranting to the man that caused a drift in her and George's relationship. He was really listening to her. "He said something that he knows is a very touchy subject with me and I walked out."

"And then I found you on the side of the road." Antonio concluded. Alfie nodded and sighed. "Saying all that out loud just makes it seem so much more idiotic."

"It's not idiotic. You're entitled to want a nice dress for you're wedding. And as you're fiancé he should know the subjects he should avoid with you."

Alfie ran a hand down her face. "Why are you  being nice to me?"

Antonio sighed. "After I kissed you, I couldn't sleep. I had this packed up guilty feeling in my stomach and I couldn't get rid of it. That's why I apologised to you and asked to be civil. I wanted a fresh start."

Alfie gave him a small smile. "A packed up guilty feeling?"

"Mhm."

"What's the real reason?" She asked, knowing he was hiding something from her instead.

Antonio flicked his head towards her befire focusing back on the road. "I met a girl." he said, after some hesitation.

Alfie nodded. "There it is." Antonio let out a chuckle. Alfie looked over to him. "I'm happy for you."

Antonio parked the car up next to a building. "And I hope you George figure this out. Thought you might want to see Dakota." he said, nodding his head towards the building.

"Thanks." Alfie said. She gave him one last smile before she opened the car door and left. She hurried into the hotel building, and up the stairs towards Kota's floor. She reached her friends hotel door and knocked.

Kota opened the door, smiled at Alfie, but her expression dropped when she saw she was drenched. "Dude what did you do? Get in!"

Alfie was pulled into the room and was thrown towards the bathroom. Kota gathered up a spare sweatshirt and joggers, before pushing Alfie into the bathroom. "Change. I'll make you a tea."

Kota busied herself with making Alfie a cup of hot tea to warm her up. As the kettle was boiling, her phone buzzed on the kitchen counter. She walked over to it and picked it up, seeing a message.

GR (stealing my wife )

if alfie is with you tell her i won't be at the hotel when she gets back. i'm going out with the merc team, last minute dinner call.

Kota frowned at the message. Why couldn't George just message her himself? What had happened?

The bathroom door opened and Alfie walked out. Kota threw her phone over to Alfie, who caught it, reading the message. Her face dropped.

"Alfie what is that?" Kota asked.

"What I need to talk to you about."

————

HOLA

SO

INTRESTING?