N I N E

I GOT A PODIUM!

Lando was esstatic

Lando was esstatic. But Alfie didn't blame him, after an amazing drive, he managed to grab P3, and his first podium in F1. Alfie herself had managed P12, quite a good result for the first race of the season. George hasn't had the bets result in the world, but managed to squeeze past a few cars before the checkered flag ending up in 15th.

As Alfie walked threw the paddock towards the exit, she saw Lando running towards her. "ALFIE!"

Alfie grinned at the sight of her best friend, as he crashed into her, engulfing her into a tight hug, tears brimming in his eyes due to his happy state. "I got a Podium." he said, enthusiasm filling his tone, and Alfie could feel. his chest swelling with pride.

Alfie rubbed his back. "I'm so proud of you Nando." She said, as she took one of her hands and ruffled up his hair. Lando pulled away and slapped her hand away, still grinning proudly. Alfie gestured to the exit of the track, "Me, Kota and George are going to have a sort of opening season party, which is just going to be us drinking. You want to come? Celebrate your win?"

Lando nodded vigorously, "Sure! I've got to go talk to Zak, I'll be there around Seven?"

Alfie nodded and held her hand out for him to fist bump. "So proud of you mate." she said again. Lando bumped her fist and pressed a small kiss to her forehead and walked down towards the Mclaren garage.

"I bring beer and pizza!" The voice of George sounded through the door of Alfie's hotel room. She jumped off the small sofa and walked towards the door and opened it, revealing George with his hands full. She gestured for him to come in and he instantly placed the food down on the small kitchen counter. "Granted its non alcoholic but hey, we can't exactly have anything else." he joked.

Alfie rolled her eyes and smiled at him. She walked back towards the sofa and slumped down, opening her phone and seeing hundreds of notifications from Instagram. The Grattan girl began to scroll through the app, until she reached Max's post. "Feel a bit sorry for Max." she said out loud.

George peered over his shoulder to look at his best friend. He was delayed in responding to her comment by her appearance. She was only in a hoodie and sweatpants, but there was something about her, (he couldn't quite pinpoint what it was) she was just so captivating, brown hair falling just in front of her eyes which were scanning her phone screen reading comments. He instantly thought about when Alfie had quarentine with him at his parent's house, and was reminded of how much he enjoyed her company.

He snapped himself out of his daze and nodded his head, even though Alfie couldn't see him. "Yeah, yeah me too. Team's home race and he didn't finish. Must have been hard."

Alfie hummed in agreement just as the door burst open, revealing Dakota and Lando. "Hey bitches." Kota said as she walked up to George, giving him a small fist bump, then walked over to the sofa Alfie sat on, slumping down beside her.

"Nice to see you too Kota." George said sarcasticly, and Kota glared at him. He turned to Lando and held his hand out. "Nice job today mate, really proud of you."

Lando grabbed his friend's hand and shook it, "Thanks mate, really means a lot." George slapped Lando's shoulder and then walked over to one of the empty arm chairs next to the sofa. Lando followed him, taking the last empty seat, and turned towards the girls. "Drinks?"

Kota threw her head back. "Yes! I've needed one all weekend. Danny's driving me up the wall."

Alfie looked around at the three adults, "OK well, I'm not getting up." She said, and Kota and Lando to raise their hands, as if claiming their position, causing the three to look at George who sighed. "Fine." he got up and left the room uttering to himself, "The things I do for you lot.", resulting in a pillow being thrown at his head by Alfie.

Lando and Kota had dipped after three hours, claiming to be exhausted, and even though Alfie refused it admit it, she too was tired. She had fallen asleep on the small sofa, her chest moving slightly as she breathed. George realised she had surrendered to her tiredness, and walked over to her.

Gently, he lifted her up and carried her bridal style to her bed. He placed Alfie down softly, making sure that she was in a comfortable position before covering her with the duvet. George examined her sleeping figure, and noticed that some stary hairs had fallen across her face, like they had when she was sat on the sofa. He hesitated, before reaching out and pushing them away from her face gently. Alfie stirred slightly, but didn't wake.

George took a deep breath before he smiled. He went back to the sofa, took her phone and placed it on the bed side table, so that when her alarm went off the next morning, she wouldn't have to get out of bed to turn it off. He knew from experience that Alfie was not a morning person.

"Goodnight Alf." he said quietly, before leaving the hotel room, placing the 'Do Not Disturb' sign on the door, so that Alfie could sleep through the night, and part of the morning peacefully. As he shut the door, he leaned against it and sighed. What the hell was going on with him?

He shook his head and ran a hand down his face. He was just tired, he told himself. With that, he pushed away from the door, walked down the hallway to the hotel stairs, and began to climb.

I KNOW IT'S BEEN A WHILE I'M SORRY

short chapter for you, cause I've got writers block 😔