T W E N T Y O N E

confessions

Alfie was sent home a couple of days after the incident with George, after spending a few days in the hospital to rest. She had plenty of tests done before she could go home, but the doctors found nothing worrying. They still told Alfie to take it easy when she returned home, just to make sure she was all okay for the next race.

Alfie was glad she was able to return home, but what she wasn't happy about was that she had to fly home alone. Everyone had gone back to Britain two days before Alfie was released for work, and George had left the day he spoke to Alfie.

She was still confused about what George had said. There was no way he loved her. They were best friends, always had been. Alfie had never thought about George liked that.

No, that was a lie. She had thought about it once, but she was drunk off her head. It didn't mean anything.

Alfie approached the gate for her flight, waiting to be told to board, but spotted a familiar face on one of the seats. "Lando?"

Lando looked up from his phone. "Hey!" he got up and walked over to Alfie giving her a hug. Alfie hugged him back, but was still confused. "What are you doing here? I thought you all flew out a couple of days ago for work?"

Lando shrugged. "I talked to Zak, he let me have a few days to make sure you got back safely, and I had a text off of a certain someone telling me that I, and I quote, 'need to get Alfie on that plane safely, because she's scared of flying.' So, here I am."

Alfie sighed at the mention of George." Right, well thanks, but I'm okay. I can fly by myself. "

Lando nodded, but didn't seem convinced, knowing how Alfie was with planes." Okay then." there was a loud noise, and the announcer started speaking," Oh, that's our flight. Well go on, I'll see you when we land." He said.

Alfie glared at him, knowing he was waiting for her to give in and let him take care of her, but she was too stubborn." See you when we land."

Alfie began to walk towards the gate, but looked out of the large window at all the planes. She gulped, stood in the same spot for a few seconds, before running back to Lando. "Okay fine. Let's go."

Lando smiled triumphantly, and threw an arm around Alfie. "Come on you big baby."

The plane had taken off, and Alfie and Lando had been on the plane for a few minutes, before Alfie turned to him. "Look, its none of my business..."

Lando sighed and put the book he had been reading down. "You want to know why I turned down Dakota don't you?"

Alfie gave him an apoligetic look. "Sorry but, you were harsh with her. I just want to know why. You don't have to tell me I just-"

"No, you're her best friend, its natural for you to ask. And you're my best friend too so I guess I should tell you." he took a breath and turned to face her. "I'm seeing someone."

Alfie blinked. "Out of every possible situation that was not the one I predicted, how long?"

Lando shrugged. "A couple of months."