CHAPTER 16

MY FROWN DEEPENED AS I stare at him

MY FROWN DEEPENED AS I stare at him. Silver blue hair, and a pair of silver blue eyes. For some very odd reason, he resembled Rin, but he's also different from him.

And I'm not sure if Rin has silver blue hair. I couldn't get a proper glimpse of his hair anyway since he's always wearing his cloak's hood. But I'm sure that this person's eyes looked lighter than those of Rin's.

"Who are you?" I asked, squinting at him.

The guy only stared at me with that annoying grin on his face, as if he was finding this amusing. His hands were both raised, a sign of him surrendering. But I couldn't just let my guard down unless he introduced himself, no?

"Elisse! What are you doing?" Eclipse shouted. I could feel his whole patience was thrown in there.

I took a few steps back, away from this guy then retracted my hand with the dagger. I turned my head to look at Eclipse. My head tilted a little in confusion when I saw the three of them instead of just the eldest.

What did I do now?

I felt the guy move; he was coming closer to me as if he were about to attack me. Out of instinct, I quickly turned to his direction and kicked the front of his leg. My other hand gripped on his shoulder then I pushed him down, making him kneel on the floor.

"What are you doing, mister?" I asked as I pointed the tip of my dagger on his neck.

The guy looked beyond surprised, and I could feel the three of them approaching me closer with their heavy footsteps.

"Put your dagger down, Elisse Eveningstar! This is an order!" I flinched at Eclipse's ear-splitting voice.

Did I do something wrong? I wondered. I was reluctant as I let go of this weird guy's arm and pulled my dagger away from his neck.

"Calm down, brother. We don't even know what exactly happened here," Kaiser said, defending me.

"Tsk. She must be getting weird ideas in her head that everything she will do will be forgiven since you and father kept on spoiling her," Caspian retorted, and I ignored his petty remark.

"Brother!" But Kaiser snapped at his words.

"What were you thinking, Elisse?" Eclipse, who was still in a state of shock, asked.

I blinked a couple of times, still in a maze of confusion. I know it was wrong to point a dangerous weapon at someone. But it's also wrong to creep behind a person you don't know.

"I was walking when I felt someone following behind me. And I thought he was suspicious. He wasn't answering when I asked for his identity," I explained as I hid my dagger back inside my sleeves.

I could feel how heavy Eclipse's sigh was, then I saw his hand in front of me. "I don't even know why you have a dagger in your possession. Give me that deadly thing," he commanded.