CHAPTER 31

CHAOS ENSUED WHEN THE whole Empire caught news of the emperor's death

CHAOS ENSUED WHEN THE whole Empire caught news of the emperor's death. It took a lot of time for the imperial family and officials to restore the balance in the Empire.

There were several losses, but somehow, it was all worth it since they were able to detain the main culprit and mastermind.

Prince Louis and the Moonfleur Ducal family were faced with a lot of charges. The murder of the crown prince and emperor, murdering a noble, obstruction of justice, and many more.

By the approval of the council and judges, the prince and the ducal family were sentenced to death by beheading, one of the most humiliating punishments one could ever receive in their empire.

And since there was no Emperor on the throne, the council and the other factions were having a fierce vote on who to put on the throne as the emperor's successor.

It was a little hard for them since there are still two princes who are both worthy of the throne, the third and the fourth prince.

Meanwhile, balance was also beginning to be restored in the Eveningstar Estate. Everything was going back to the right order, except for the duke's youngest child, Elisse.

There was no approval given by them for her departure. Even Eilisha wished for her stay. But it was no use. Elisse already made a choice for herself.

Without any fuss or delay, Elisse requested to borrow a carriage. She was planning to take temporary shelter in the building she had purchased for their businesses while she looked for a proper villa for herself. It was already settled with her and her other employees.

"Are you sure we can't stop you?" Lucifero asked, frowning sadly.

Elisse only looked up to him, one eye covered with the leather eye patch her father had given to her. The affection she had for him was almost gone. She glanced at Eilisha for a second then looked back at him.

"I don't want to hear any more of that," she answered with a smile on her face.

Lucifero was surprised to hear her cold tone again. The coldness of her eyes indicated that her choice will not be changed anymore.

"I'll take this, my lady," the coachman said. Elisse chuckled inwardly at him then she allowed him to take her luggage.

Elisse did not want to bring anything that came from them since it would only become a reminder of their untrue affection for her. But they insisted.

She had two pieces of luggage with a few dresses, hats, and jewelry that they gave to her. Elisse looked at them for the last time, it was a weird gaze that made them feel even sadder.

Kaiser was still in the palace, completing some of his duties with the third prince, so Elisse left a letter for him instead.

Elisse took the hand of the coachman then she rode the carriage. The coachman smirked as he helped her climb onto the carriage. She did not even say goodbye to them and just closed the door of the carriage.