CHAPTER 19

"I DIDN'T MEAN TO hide my identity from you

"I DIDN'T MEAN TO hide my identity from you. And to be honest, I was also unaware of the lady's identity." Rin scratched the back of his neck as he averted his gaze from me.

Just now, he introduced himself to me because of the questionable carriage we were riding on. Soreen Auclair la Celesté was his name, the fourth prince and the third prince's blood brother.

He was also the general who led the war from the monsters of the border. Well, I would not be able to recognize him as well, like Prince Cassius. There was only a little information I have read and heard regarding the third and the fourth prince.

"I also apologize for not recognizing His Highness' identity." I pulled an awkward smile.

Rin's expression hardened then he sighed. "Please speak comfortably to me, Lady Eveningstar."

I shook my head at his request. "But Your Highness, I am addressing you out of respect." And that was the truth.

I have always hated the rumors escalating anywhere regarding the fourth prince. One, because he was doing his duty to fight off the monsters to protect the Empire, unlike some other royals whose only focus was on taking the throne.

And lastly, because he was an appointed general at a young age and Kaiser kept on talking about how amazing he was.

"I understand, but next time, when we meet again, I want us to be friendlier." A faint blush decorated his cheeks.

Maybe he didn't have any friends before as well, that's why he values a friend like this.

"I will, Your Highness. I'll allow His Highness to address me by my nickname the next time we meet."

We both talked about a couple of things, like the ball, the weather earlier, and the things we did for the past few days. It was too random, but we genuinely enjoyed every topic we talked about.

We were so occupied in our own bubble that we didn't notice that we had already arrived at the mansion.

"I'll make sure to send a letter, Lady Eveningstar," the fourth prince said.

"I'll wait for that, Your Highness." I chuckled at him.

"I'll leave after you go inside." He held my hand then pressed a gentle kiss at the back of my palm, like what he did at the artisan store.

I blinked at him, and he only smiled at me. That dangerously dazzling smile of his. I clicked my tongue inwardly.

"H-Have a safe trip then," I stuttered, pulling my hand from his grip then dragging myself inside.

I could feel the heat boiling on my cheeks. I didn't feel anything weird, really! I was just caught off guard with his actions.

"Master. Someone is coming," Ebony warned, pulling me back to my senses.