CHAPTER 21

"AN ASSASSINATION ATTEMPT TO Lady Eilisha and then burn Lady Elisse's chambers," a stern voice said, discussing his plans to his accomplices

The lady in a pink dress giggled, while the bespectacled man fixed his glasses. Only the huge man wearing lavish clothes remained still and silent.

"Today, everything must be completed."

"But what if the lady survives?" The bespectacled man shot an ignorant question.

"Whatever happens, whether she survives or dies, Elisse will still be branded as a murderer. Although, based on that mana I felt that day at the ball, I think the lady will survive. And she'll witness how her loving family will turn against her."

A menacing laugh filled the room.

Elisse and Ebony stared at one another as they silently listened. The voices were coming from the shadows that Ebony planted on both the butler and Eilisha.

She was planning to visit her father at the library when Ebony sensed something from the shadows he planted. And instead of leaving her room, Elisse stayed. They both eavesdropped on the conversation.

Elisse laughed in disbelief. Her mind was blank, no thoughts or plans came into her head right away even after hearing an impending end for her.

"Connect me to Marina and Scarlet's brooch," she ordered Ebony. The quickest way to contact the two was using Ebony's shadows that she planted in the brooches.

"But master, won't it be easy to escape right now?" Ebony was worried for her.

Elisse gave his tiny frame a gentle pat. "I don't think that will really help us, including Marina and Scarlet."

She had formed a plan in mind. Despite the dangers of this plan, she would still do it. Elisse believed that it would be the best play for her enemies than escaping now.

The uneasiness he felt since yesterday was so much that it was making him shaky. Lucifero has not felt this ever since his wife and Elisse's mother died.

He paced back and forth in front of his office desk, his mind filled with thoughts and decisions he could not make.

'What's with his youngest daughter's sudden appearance? And why is Elisse being framed for an assassination attempt? What's the emperor's goal in doing this?'

A loud exasperated sigh erupted from his lips as his body fell on the soft couch with a soft thud. He was not normally like this, but something was amiss.

With a flick of his fingers, his personal servant who was hiding in the secret door of his office appeared. And he ordered the first thing that came into his mind.

"I want you to check on Eilisha. Make it as discreet as you can."

Elisse was holed in her room, and he was sure of that. There are a lot of knights in their estate, and he was also here, including Caspian, so there was no need to plant an eye on Elisse.