EPILOGUE

A FEW YEARS HAD passed since the second prince, and the Moonfleur family had died

A FEW YEARS HAD passed since the second prince, and the Moonfleur family had died. The Abyssian Empire prospered under the rulership of their wise emperor, Emperor Cassius Auclair la Celesté, along with his beautiful wife, Empress Eilisha Eveningstar la Celesté.

The Eveningstar Family forged a strong relationship with the Ducal House of Morningsun by preparing an arranged marriage between Eclipse Eveningstar and Clarissa Morningsun. On the other hand, House of Moonfleurs were removed from the book of families because of their crime of treason.

After Elisse's death, the Eveningstars mourned for over a year. The duke couldn't accept the fact that he had lost someone so precious to him.

Kaiser was in despair when he reached the estate that night and because of the loss of his favorite sister, he decided to commit himself to the magic tower of the empire.

Caspian did the same and committed himself as the empire's first sword, the General of the First Knight Division, and got engaged to the emperor's younger sister.

The duke, after handing over the title to his first born, retired to the countryside where their villa was. The place where Elisse was originally born. He wanted to spend the remaining days of his life in a secluded place where he can still remember the daughter he had lost.

THE WIND WAS BLOWING warmer as the sun was slowly sinking on the horizon, and even so, the young child did not want to go home without seeing the moon shining in the sky.

His father couldn't refuse his request, seeing how eager he was since this morning to see the moon. It was his first time being allowed by his father to stay outside until nighttime, so he wanted to use this time wisely.

"We'll have to go home after this, Luca," his father reminded him.

Luca nodded his head, his eyes fixed on the sky above them. He didn't want to miss anything, from the sun falling asleep, to the moon rising above.

The child smiled in happiness as he found the moon slowly waking up from its deep slumber. He even jumped in anticipation, in which his father quickly held his hand, fearing he would fall on his knees.

"That was amazing, papa! I want to see it again with mama and Roan!" Luca exclaimed as he tugged on his father's hair.

His father held onto his young body firmly, making sure he wouldn't fall off his shoulders because of how active he was.

"Take it easy, Luca. We can go there once we convince mama, alright?"

"Convince me where?" But their father and son moments were cut off when a familiar voice spoke in front of them.

"Papa," Luca called, reaching for his papa's face.

"Honey," his father called, but his mother only huffed at them.

"You're spoiling him again, Rin," she added as she opened the door for them.

"I'm sorry, my Lily. It's getting harder to resist your son these days," Rin said in a playful tone, trying to ease down his wife's anger.

"It's alright. I just want you guys to tell me where you'll go from now on." Lily sighed. "I don't want to keep them locked in here any longer. The kids are growing up and they need to experience the world too."

Rin smiled at his wife then he cupped her cheek. "You're really the sweetest mother I know of."

Lily chuckled at her husband's playful remark. She wanted to kiss him too.

"Are we eating now?" Roan asked.

Rin blushed as he realized that they were in front of the kids and Lily laughed at him.

"Yes, we are," Lily answered, then she gave her eldest daughter a gentle pat on the head.

Sometimes, Lily still worries that her eldest daughter's a bit mature for her age, while her son's a bit childish for his age. They're twins, but they really have different personalities.

"I know you're worrying again," Rin whispered beside her.

Lily pouted at him. "They're growing too fast."

"We can just make another one." His remark earned him a slap on the arm.

"The kids will hear you."

"Do we need to soundproof the room again, master?" Ebony asked this time.

"You shouldn't have asked that, you idiot," Pandora commented.

Lily sighed inwardly. Stop bickering. Go and visit Marina at the building. She might need extra hands there.

It did take some time, but she finally found the family she deserved. The family that she'll cherish the most until the day she passes.

THE END.