Chapter Six

Aurora's POV

"Welcome to my home," he tells me.

We take a right, and I find myself in his living room. I look around. It's incredible.

I'm accustomed to luxury, growing up as Michelle and Lewis Stone's daughter, but there is something else.

As amazing as it is, it's too much.

Surely, he doesn't live here alone?

It's huge and luxurious and expensive, and although it's nice, I don't like the extravagance. But that makes me a hypocrite, so I don't say anything. It's not like my flat is your typical student housing and the difference between me and Landon is that he probably bought all this luxury with money he's earnt himself; unlike me. That thought leaves me feeling cold.

There is a beautiful oatmeal colour sofa facing the fire and above the fire is a large flat screen TV. The walls are the same hessian colour as the walls of the foyer. There are very few personal effects around the room, except for a single family photograph of Landon and what must be his brother and parents.

Just past the living area, I can see one of the largest dining room tables I've ever seen. He catches me looking at it and grins.

"I sometimes have business meetings here."

I nod, showing that I've heard him. Behind the sofa is a wall of windows. Just past that window is another dining area and what I think is a kitchen. I make my way over to the boardroom style dining room table, carry on past it until I reach the sliding doors behind it. Just beyond the doors is a lovely balcony garden. The view of the surrounding buildings is amazing. This is clearly the penthouse.

"You like it?" He grins.

Looking at him over my shoulder, I realise that he's waiting for my confirmation as if my opinion holds importance. That confuses me. He barely knows me. I'm just a girl he picked up in a bar. I try not to let my mind dwell on that though.

I don't want tonight to be meaningless. I don't want to make it seem dirty or slutty of me or something. God, I can only imagine what my Mother would say if she knew where I am or what I plan to do here.

"Yeah."

I nod as he pulls me back towards the sofa and I'm not lying.

His home is beautiful; it's too much, but he's not like me. He probably likes luxury. People who earn it for themselves usually do. I've just never wanted to be the sort of person to live off the wealth of someone else and a lot of the time that's how I feel about my parents, that I'm living off their fortune. They'd chastise me if they knew how I feel about it. They'd tell me that everything they have, everything they've made, they've made for us; Aileen and me.

"Do you want anything? A drink perhaps?" he offers, considering my every need like the perfect host.

He seems so at ease now that he has me in his flat; if you can call this a flat. I don't know what word I'm supposed to give his home.

I shake my head.

"Only you." I settle for an honest response.

"Good answer."

He looks pleased as he sits down and pulls me down so that I'm straddling his lap. He's kissing me again, and it eases my nerves a bit. Only slightly though. He pulls my top over my head, and it sends my heart racing, and then he's kissing down my body as he undoes my bra.

A small voice in my head tells me this is a bad idea. I don't know him. I can't trust him.

Hell, he could be a fricking serial killer and be planning to kill me...

But the touch of his hands on my skin stills my fears. I want him.

When I'm uncovered, I can feel myself blushing, allthoughts of serial killers gone from my mind. My embarrassment doesn't lastlong because he trails his tongue along my skin before...

Since we're keeping this version clean, if you want to read about what Landon and Aurora get up to in the bedroom, I have a mature version with explicit, clothes off scenes... https://geni.us/BrokenRules

👔 Would you ever have a one night stand?

I'd love to hear what you think so far. I love Landon and Aurora. Even though it's been years since I first wrote about them, I still love to write in their world. I've also written some of their friends' stories too...

Want to know a little more about Landon Peters?