Chapter Eighteen

Aurora's POV

I'm in my bathroom getting ready for my date with Landon and Tallulah is sat on the side of the bath.

"Should we expect you home tonight?" she asks with a wink.

"I don't know," I reply honestly.

"I think you might need to visit the doctor."

Her comment surprises me, but after a second I catch on.

"Contraception?"

"Uh huh. Condoms are great, and all but you should really be on the pill."

I nod.

"Okay. I'll call the doctor tomorrow. Thanks, MUM for the sage advice."

Sarcasm has always been one of my mother's pet hates; another thing I've spent years avoiding or squashing down every time I was near her.

Tallulah chuckles before giving me the look over.

"You look beautiful."

"Thanks." I smile at her through the mirror. I'm wearing a blue dress that perfectly matches my eyes. It's shorter than my mother would ever condone but it makes my legs look fantastic, so I don't care.

"Are you okay?" Tallulah is asking. She'd heard the bulk of my argument with my mum earlier. "I can understand if you're not."

"I'm okay," I say before applying lip gloss. "It's all just been a bit of a shock."

"I bet. I'm here for you. You know that, right?"

"And I'm here for you too."

I hope that she realises just how much I mean that. It's more than just words. For a second, I consider telling Tallulah all about how Landon knows my parents, how he managed to get my address, telephone number and email all without asking me for it, much to my irritation might I add, but I don't want to. I know what she will say. She won't like it, and she'll encourage me to end it with him, but that is not what I want.

Maybe I am being naïve, but I don't think he's that bad now that I've gotten to know him a little bit better.

My phone buzzes to tell me that Landon is outside waiting for me.

"So, I look alright?"

"You look better than alright. You look..."

"Don't say perfect."

"You look beautiful. Now get out of here."

I grab my clutch and make my way towards the door.

"Don't wait up."

"We won't, you dirty little stop out," Cam calls from the living room.

"Love you too Cam," I say before closing the front door behind me. Living on the ground floor has its perks, and so I walk right out of the foyer onto the street where there is a black limo waiting for me.

"Miss Stone," Henry greets me with a polite smile. "Mr Peters is waiting for you in the limo."

"Great, thank you, Henry."

"You're welcome, Miss Stone."

He pulls open the door for me, and I shuffle in as best as I can in my dress. Landon grins at me as soon as I'm beside him.

"Hello, Miss Stone."

"Hello, Mr Peters."

I notice almost immediately that the privacy screen is up. We're alone.