Chapter Ten

Aurora's POV

Cameron and Tallulah are sat on the sofa watching TV when I walk in.

"Look who it is." Cameron grins as he looks me over. "Dirty little stop out, much?" He winks at me.

Lou hits him across the head.

"Says you! You only arrived back yourself about twenty minutes ago."

Cameron shrugs.

"But we all know I'm a whore." He opens his arms for me invitingly. "Come here my little school teacher."

I make my way over and take a seat between them, leaning into Cameron's hug. As soon as I'm sitting down, Lou pounces with questions.

"Sooooo what happened?" she asks. "Did you? How was it? He was hot! What was his name? You do know his name, right? Will you see him again?"

"Breathe Lou." Cameron chuckles. "One question at a time. Don't scare the poor girl. Do I need to punch him?" That is the only question he cares about; my protective big brother.

"No Cam, you do not need to punch him."

Although I know that if I tell him everything, he won't agree with me on that one. He'd be out the door in a shot, looking for a fight.

"His name is Landon," I tell them. "He took me out for breakfast this morning." I try to distract them from the details; Tallulah from the details of last night and Cameron from the details of my conversation just five minutes ago.

"Did you do it?" Cameron asks with a smirk. "Is our little girl all grown up?"

He can be so patronising sometimes and his eyes tell me he knows it.

I blush. I think I might have blushed more in the last twenty-four hours than I ever have in my life.

"You did!" Tallulah screams. "I knew it!"

I laugh.

"I've got to get ready. I have a class in an hour. I need to get going," I tell them as I get up to leave.

"This conversation isn't over, Miss!" Tallulah calls as I walk out of the room.

As I carry on down the hall towards my bedroom, I can hear her and Cam talking.

"What have you got planned today, Cam?"

"Library and then I'm going to meet up with Zara tonight," Cameron is telling her.

I can't help but wonder who Zara is. I've never heard of her before.

"The girl from last night?" Lou asks.

"Yup," Cameron answers both our questions in one. "Are you going to speak to the office; see if they'll let you transfer?"

"Not today."

"Lou..." I can tell from the sound of his voice that he is trying so hard not to ask her a dozen questions. "Tomorrow?"

"Perhaps..." Her voice is quiet.

I hear a phone ringing, but neither Cam nor Lou answer it.

Then Cam says, "aren't you going to get that?"

"No," Lou replies.

I'm frowning when I reach my room. It's not like Lou to ignore her calls.

I close my door and pull my phone out of my purse. The battery has died during the night, and I haven't got time to charge it now. I'll have to charge it in the car. I pull out a pair of jean shorts and a navy jumper. It's a beautiful day, so I decide to make the most of it. It won't last. It's November, so I know the weather will only get worse until it is officially winter. Or is it already officially winter?