Chapter Eight

👔 This chapter starts with a scene that I can't share here... If you'd like to read it, grab it here >> https://geni.us/BrokenRules

Landon's POV

She's mine.

That part of me is angry at myself.

I don't want to give her up. Not tonight. Not tomorrow morning. Not ever.

Her eyes are closed, and I watch her as she drifts off to sleep. Normally I wouldn't allow it. I know I shouldn't allow it now. Women aren't allowed to stay the night, but something about her makes me want to bend the rules.

Hell! It makes me want to break them not just bend them. For her, I can imagine myself throwing away the metaphorical rule book, and that thought scares me if I'm honest.

I'm watching her again. I'm fascinated by her. She's asleep, and bizarrely enough I'm still just as captivated as I was when she was awake. If she's all fire and passion when she comes, she's peace and radiant joy in her sleep, and I can't decide which is more beautiful. She's breathing gently, perfectly comfortable in my bed.

I decide to let her nap. What will twenty minutes do? That's hardly against the rules at all. My eyes are drooping, and I allow them to close for a moment or two. I'll just give myself a few moments of rest before I wake her and send her away.

The thought upsets me; disappoints me.

I try to put it from my mind because I need to draw a line. I've already broken enough rules for this girl I barely know.

***

I wake uncharacteristically late the next morning. I feel warmth against my chest, and instinctively I pull it closer. I can smell something exotic and enticing; I breathe it in.

Open my eyes to glance at the alarm clock, I'm surprised to see it's past nine. That's when I notice that there is a girl in my arms. I recognise her instantly; Aurora.

Fuck – I let her stay.

I feel a sense of dread at the idea that she will now expect more. Accompanying that dread is the fear that perhaps she won't expect anything. I'm not sure which is worse.

My phone rings and I am glad to have something to distract me from my thoughts. I answer it as I climb out of bed, taking care not to wake her.

"Landon Peters," I answer.

"Mr Peters," it's my assistant Lisa, "your father called this morning. He says he's in town tonight and would like to see you. Would you like me to make dinner reservations?"

"Please," I reply as I make my way down the hall and into the living room.

"Do you have a preference on restaurants, sir?"

"Thorpe's," I answer before hanging up when I notice Aurora stood in front of me.

She's wearing one of my shirts, and it definitely looks better on her than it does on me. I feel the same electricity between us that I felt last night. I still want her. I've not had enough. Shit; that's not good.

"Sorry if I woke you," I say to her. I'm completely out of my comfort zone. "Can I get you anything? Breakfast?"

"Erm..."

I'm half pleased; half disappointed to find that she's feeling just as awkward as I am right now. I'm scared to think that she might leave, and so I find myself thinking up ways to make her stay even though it's against the rules.

I stride across the room until I can pull her into my arms and kiss her. She's soft like a little kitten and she wraps her arms around my neck.

"Let's have a shower."

It's not a question, it's a demand. I'm not lettingher leave until I've taken what I want from her. 

👔 Want to know what Landon and Aurora get up to in the shower? Read this scene here >> https://geni.us/BrokenRules

👔 So... Have you ever had an awkward morning after?

"Get dressed." I know I'm being demanding, but I can't help myself. "Do you have everything you need?"

She nods, blushing at something I've missed. It's a sight for sore eyes. I walk her back through my dressing room and into my bedroom. I leave her in there to give her some privacy. I head back into my dressing room and take a quick glance around.

It's funny really; everything in my bedroom suite was designed for two. Two sinks in the bathroom. Two walk-in closets in the dressing room. Hell, there are even two toilet cubicles in the bathroom. It isn't something I've ever thought of before. Usually, I relish the extra space.

I pull on a pair of jeans and a green jumper. I take longer than I normally would to ensure that she has the privacy she needs.

When I return to the bedroom, she's sat on the bed in her clothes from last night.

"Will you be warm enough?" I ask, but before she has a chance to answer, I return to my closet to get her a cobalt blue jumper. It matches her shoes.

"Thank you," she says as I hand it to her.

"You're welcome. I like you in my clothes."

It's that primal desire to claim her again. It's something I've never known with anyone else and all the claims I've made on her so far; the marks on her wrists, the way that I fucked her last night and what we've just done in the shower; none of it is enough.

I need to possess her in a way that is completely new to me.

She's supposed to be mine, and a part of me has known it since the moment I first saw her in the bar. Another part of me feels like it's known it longer than that, if that's possible.

👔 If you met a British Billionaire that looked like Landon Peters, would you go home with him?