Stay

Remus heaved his heavy head off of his pillow the morning after the party.

His brain pounding within his skull and a god awful taste in his mouth, as he peeled his eyes open with a groan and allowed the light from the window to blind him ever so slightly.

"Good morning" a sweet voice came from next to him as he practically jumped out of skin.

"Jesus!" He exclaimed, jolting back slightly at the sight of Tonks sat upright against the head board on the left side of his bed, looking down at him with a small smile, "Tonks?"

"Hi" she grinned brightly.

"What...why are you-no...we didn't did we...please tell me we didn't-"

"Yep" The pink haired witch nod sharply, "You were incredible"

His eyes shot wide and his entire body filled with dread. He had so much to drink last night after seeing Willow and Sirius in bed together that he completely forgot what he had done, let alone have any control over it.

"Fuck" he groaned into his hands, lying on his back, hands covering his face as he filled to the brim with regret and guilt.

"Lupin?" Tonks whispered gently, hearing hum painfully in response, "I'm winding you up"

He dropped his hand from his face and shot his head to the side seeing her smirk.

"Oh thankgod!" He exclaimed, clamping his hand over his chest as the other ran through his hair and he closed his eyes in relief, "I-I mean...I don't mean it like that I just...wait if we didn't sleep together why are you in my bed?"

"Ah...yes, well after you asked me to dance, you then proceeded to get increasingly drunk and rant about how you apparently walked in on Sirius and Willow having sex...or something like that...and then anger turned to spite and spite turned to...alot of bloody sadness, I ended up walking you to bed and sleeping on the couch to make sure you didn't choke on your own vomit" she pointe to the couch on the other side of the room where a small coffee table sat.

"You paint a lovely picture, you know that?" he chuckled painfully before letting out another guilty sigh, "I'm sorry I ruined your night...It's just-"

"To be honest Lupin it sounds like your in love with her...and that you have been for a lot longer then you care to admit...professor" she teased with a knowing look.

"I-I don't...I don't know what you mean" he stuttered, shaking his head rapidly as he pulled himself from his blanket, still very much clothed, which should have been the first clue that she was winding him up, and walked over to the door.

"Whatever" she huffed, jumping off the bed and to the door "I'm not a couples counsellor"

Chuckling to himself, he shook his head and went to open the door, both freezing slightly when it revealed Willow, in a stance as if about to knock, her eyes shooting up and then between the two.

"This is really not what you think" Tonks laughed nervously, scratching the back of her head as Willow simply looked between the two with wide eyes.

"Willow...It's not-"

"You..." she whispered through gritted teeth, "Fucking...hypocrite!!"

Spinning back round with an irritated groan she stormed off.

"Willow wait!" Remus called, pushing past Tonks as she stumbled forward clumsily and watched the wolf run after the girl he hadn't stopped banging on about all night.

Chuckling to herself with an amused shake of the head at their childishness she apparated back home.

"Please let me explain it's not-" He ran down the stairs quickly, his hungover head buzzing as he chased after her, hearing her mumble a string of curse words under her breath directed to him, "I didn't sleep with her!!"