the saltly taste of tears

"jadis,queen of narnia!empress of the lone islands!" a dwarf said 

my father growled slightly,standing infront of his tent,where i stood by the pevensies,off to the side.

she gets off her throne and walks over to my father,but not before meeting glances with edmund and his breathing got heavy,i glared at her and stood infront of edmund a little bit.

"you have a traitor in your mists aslan" ed took a sharp breath in "his offense was not against you" my father says calmly yet warningly

"have you forgotten the laws upon which narnia was built?" she asks and my father growls "do not cite the deep magic to me whitch.i was there when it was written" "then you'll remember well that every traitor belongs to me,his blood is my property"

i growl slightly "you tricked him,his blood is no right to you,and he is certianly not your property,he was scared and you didnt make it any easier"

me and peter unsheathe our swords and so does everybody else "try and take him then" peter threatens

"do you really think that mere force will deny me my right little king and queen" "it better" i grind my teeth,she ignores me and goes on

"aslan knows that unless i have blood,as the law demands,all of narnia will be overturned and perish in fire and water,that boy will die on the stone table! as is tradition,you dare not refuse me"

"enough" my father says "i shall talk with you alone" he says before walking towards the tent and i walk forward slightly "alone" he repeats giving me a look and i sigh,walking back towards the siblings.

we've been sitting here,waiting for a good half hour before they walk out and we all stand

"she has renounced her claim on the son of adams blood" i let out a breath i didnt know i was holding

"how do i know your promise will be kept?" jadis asked,my fathers bares his teeth and roars,jadis sitting down quickly and we all laugh,and she left.

i turned and looked at my father only to see sadness glimmering in his eyes with his head hung low,i furrow my brows and he nods his head for me to follow him.

"is everything alright father?" i ask once entering the tent "there is something i must do,something tonight,that i wish wasn't an option,but is also something that must be done"

"well what is it?" i asked still confused and he sighs "time will come when you understand what has to be done"

i dont know why but i ran up and hugged him and i never wanted to let go.

"i love you" i mumble into his fur "as i love you more" he says and i could have sworn i felt something wet and warm trickle down my back shoulder but i brushed it off

"i shall see you tomorrow" i said getting up with a small smile,expecting him to say yes,but he only gave me a sad smile before i walked out.

~~~~~

it was in the middle of the night when i woke up to a pain in my chest,i sat up with a gasp and grab my sword,only to be met with the darkness in my tent,with lucy and susan gone.

i frown "where did they go?" i whisper,and walk out my tent,i start walking a few feet before stopping,i shake my head and went inside due to the fact i was wearing my night gown and didn't want to go far.

i woke up the next morning and got dressed, i walked outside and saw everyone frowning and some had tears in their eyes,i looked at everyone confused and looked over to edmund and peter who looked back at me with grim and sad faces.

i was about to ask what was wrong but before they could answer,the trees did.

i froze and i couldn't move,and i couldn't breathe,as everyone stared at me.

"kira" peter said although it sounded distant and fuzzy,he went to reach out to me but i quickly pulled away and sprinted in the other direction,shifting into my lion form i ran through the woods.

i jumped over branches and logs that were in my way and i didn't stop running until i got to a stream and just stared into my reflection where i didn't see my lion form, i saw my fathers,when i look at me as a lion,all i see in me is my father,because this is who he is,this is who we are.

i didn't know i was crying until i tasted the bitter salt gliding down my fuzzy cheeks but i didn't  stop,if anything i cried more.

i don't know how long i was sitting there crying but i heard leaves crunch under some hooves and i didnt need to look back to know it was oreius,he came up beside me and we just stood there in silence,because nothing needed to be said. until i broke it by singing a soft melody

during the song i felt the breeze dance and the trees sing along with me(the melody)after finishing oreius looked at me with sympathetic eyes and i gave him a sad,yet determining smile

if its a battle she wants then its hell she'll get