𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐘 𝐒𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐍 *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

*:・゚*:・゚

chapter twenty seven !
(takes place during 2x04 'Duets')

*:・゚*:・゚

 *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

*:・゚*:・゚

LUNA PULLED HER JACKET TIGHTER TO HER BODY as she quickly rang the doorbell to the Hudson-Hummel home. With a basket of freshly-baked blueberry muffins in one hand, a neatly organized fruit basket in the other, and a Get Well Soon card tucked under her arm, she eagerly awaited the door finally being flung open.

Which it was, only a few seconds after she'd initially rung the bell. Carole Hudson opened the door, a sweet smile coming across the older woman's face as she realised who it was.

"Oh hi, Luna!" She warmly greeted the teen. "Come on in, hon. You must be freezing." Carole then moved aside in order to let the Moretti girl pass.

Luna nodded mutely, agreeing with Carole's statement about the temperature, but instead of commenting, she just smiled politely at the older woman.

"Thank you, Ms Hudson." The Italian girl said politely.

Carole gave her a pointed look. "Please, call me Carole. Ms Hudson makes me sound like my ex mother-in-law."

The look Finn's mother sent her was one that indicated she didn't want to be associated with the woman in question, Luna giggled slightly before nodding her head.

"Um," Luna looked down at the two baskets in her hands. "I brought these for Burt. Well, for all of you, really."

Burt Hummel, who Luna had only met a couple of times the year before, had suffered a near-fatal heart attack recently. The news came as a shock to everyone, but especially Kurt and Finn, who were both understandably devastated.

Luna had done her best to be there for Kurt that week at school, though all the Hummel boy had really wanted was to be left alone, which Luna had respected and kept a distance away unless he came to her.

She would have also checked on Finn, but Rachel seemed to have that one down, so she left them to it, but she would still smile at the football player in the hallways, more than she usually would anyway.

So, before her venture over to the Hudson-Hummel house, Luna and Quinn had set to work baking a whole tray of blueberry muffins. Judy also helped, but she mostly just gave the two girls judgemental looks whenever they'd attempt to steal some of the batter from the bowl to eat. In the end, the muffins were a success, which, yes, was mostly down to the oldest Fabray's help and interference.