𝟮𝟯. 𝗖𝗵𝗲𝗲𝘀𝗲 𝗯𝘂𝗿𝗴𝗲𝗿𝘀

☴ ☵ ☶ ☷☰ ☱ ☲ "𝔹𝕖 𝕞𝕠𝕣𝕖 𝕝𝕚𝕜𝕖 ℤ𝕖𝕣𝕠"

☴ ☵ ☶ ☷☰ ☱ ☲
"𝔹𝕖 𝕞𝕠𝕣𝕖 𝕝𝕚𝕜𝕖 ℤ𝕖𝕣𝕠"

"It's only a cheese burger." Zero looked down at the meal on his plate. Him, Isaac, and Boyd had gone to a diner together and they said Zero couldn't have just vegetables.

"So much oil." Zero watched as Boyd ate his burger without hesitation. It smelled good, but that didn't mean it tasted good.

"Come on...you have got to be tired of eating avocados." Boyd didn't know why Zero was keen on not eating the burger in front of him.

"If you eat your food you can have cake." Zero has never eaten cake before, but Stiles told him it was sweet, and he liked sweet.

"Okay." Zero saw the lettuce and tomato on the burger, so maybe that balanced out all the oil. Zero took a small bite of the burger and swallowed not bothering to chew making Boyd stifle a laugh.

"I like it." Isaac stared at Zero who continued to take small bites of the burger and take swallow them while, with the occasional chew.

"That cannot be healthy for you." Boyd stared at the empty plate, where the burger had just been seconds ago.

"Can i have cake now?" Zero asked with a smile on his face. The little bits of the burger he could taste on each swallow were good.

"Sure." Isaac rolled his eyes not really think Zero deserved cake, but he still called over the waiter.

***
"Zero." Scott called out to the boy who laid in a starfish position across his bed. Scott and Isaac were going to Mellisa's room to make sure she wasn't the next sacrifice.

"Zero." Scott called again making Zero scrunch his eyes tighter together as Scott walked closer.

"I'm gonna sleep in my moms room...okay?" Zero didn't respond only flipping his body around, so Scott faced his back.

"Why is he so tired?" Scott asked in a whisper as he and Isaac went inside of his mother's room.

"He ate a whole cake and drank two milkshakes...I would be worried if he wasn't tired." Isaac whispered not bothering to tell Scott how Zero ate his burger, he was still trying to process it himself.

***
"I have yogurt." Zero burst into the room where Mellisa sat on the bed Scott and Isaac standing over her.

"I don't really like yogurt..." Mellisa trailed off noticing the different fruits and granola mixed inside.

"But i might today." Zero smiled placing the bowl in front of her before walking out.

"Zero wait! I want some." Isaac rushed out of the room to follow after Zero more worried about the food then getting to school.

"Be more like Zero. You never make me breakfast." Scott was pushed out of the room by Mellisa who sent him a sarcastic smile.

"I want yogurt now." Scott muttered walking out the room, not at all being offended by what his mother said.

***
"Come one Zero! We gotta go." Zero barely got a chance go shut his locker before Stiles was pulling him away.

"Where?" Zero asked as him and Stiles ran out the building, well more Stiles dragging him along as he ran.

"Something is happening to Deaton." Zero shut up after that and let Stiles push him into the jeep

"All right, we're gonna do everything we can. Right now, the best thing you can do
is go back to school." The sheriff walked away from the group of boys that included Scott, Zero, and Stiles. The sheriff looked tired and it made Zero feel bad.

He would also be frustrated if he didn't know why people around him were being murdered. Scott grabbed Zeros hand and pulled him along with Stiles to a room away from everyone.

"We have to tell him." Both Stiles and Zero looked surprised by Scott's words.

"You mean, like, tell him, tell him, or tell him something else that isn't telling him
what I think you want to tell him?" The word 'tell' was used to many times making Zero's brain hurt.

"You know what I mean." Scott was sure telling the sheriff about the supernatural would make life easier for them.

"You remember how your mom reacted? She didn't look you in the eye for, like, a week." Stiles was worried about the way his head might react to the news.

"And she got over it, and... and it actually
made us closer." Zero didn't see how that would work, but good for them.

"I don't know, dude. I mean, look at him.
Come on, he's completely overwhelmed as it is." Zero knew the sheriff was crushed inside.

"He's overwhelmed because he has no clue what's happening. He's got people
dying in his town, the town that he's supposed to protect, and it's not his fault
that he doesn't know what's happening.
He's gonna find out sooner or later."

"Yeah, but is now really the right time?
What if not telling him now gets someone else killed?" Scott asked.

"What if telling him gets him killed, huh?
I mean, okay, look, I get that Deaton's been like a father to you. I get that, okay.
But this is M... Scott, this is my actual father. I can't... I can't lose both of my parents, all right? Not both of them." Zero didn't know that Stiles had another parent. Everyone he knew has one, Lydia had her mom, Scott had his mom, Allison had her dad, and Stiles had his dad. Was it not normal to only have one parent?

"You're right." Scott seemed to not actually believe Stiles was right.

"No, I'm not. I'm not right. I'll tell him." Zero was sure Scott wanted Stiles to react like this.

"I'll help you."

"Please, whatever you need, however you can help find my brother." Someone Zero recognized as the guidance counselor walked over.

"Will you excuse us for a moment?" The sheriff and deputy walked away and the lady walked over to them.

"Okay, listen closely, the three of you. No sheriff, deputy, or detective is going to be able to find him." Zero's head peaked over Stiles shoulder as he looked at the lady in front of him, she was pretty.

"You don't have to ask us for help." They were gonna find Deaton either way.

"Actually, I'm trying to help you, because, if you're going to find my brother, then you need to use the one person who might actually have an ability to seek out
the supernatural." Zero had no idea who that was.

"Lydia." Stiles stated and Zero shrugged to himself, he forgot she had superpowers.

☴ ☵ ☶ ☷☰ ☱ ☲
𝙹𝚞𝚜𝚝 𝚙𝚞𝚋𝚕𝚒𝚜𝚑𝚎𝚍 𝚊 𝙻𝚢𝚍𝚒𝚊 𝚐𝚒𝚛𝚕𝚡𝚐𝚒𝚛𝚕 𝚋𝚘𝚘𝚔 𝚋𝚎𝚌𝚊𝚞𝚜𝚎 𝚒𝚝 𝚠𝚊𝚜 𝚖𝚢 𝚖𝚘𝚜𝚝 𝚛𝚎𝚚𝚞𝚎𝚜𝚝𝚎𝚍 𝚋𝚘𝚘𝚔 𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝚘𝚗𝚎 𝚒 𝚕𝚘𝚘𝚔𝚎𝚍 𝚏𝚘𝚠𝚊𝚛𝚍 𝚝𝚘 𝚠𝚛𝚒𝚝𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚖𝚘𝚜𝚝.

𝙺𝚎𝚎𝚙 𝚜𝚎𝚗𝚍𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚖𝚎 𝚋𝚘𝚘𝚔 𝚛𝚎𝚚𝚞𝚎𝚜𝚝 𝚒 𝚎𝚗𝚓𝚘𝚢 𝚠𝚛𝚒𝚝𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚝𝚑𝚎𝚖. (𝚒𝚏 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚌𝚊𝚗 𝚐𝚒𝚟𝚎 𝚖𝚎 𝚊 𝚙𝚎𝚛𝚜𝚘𝚗𝚊𝚕𝚒𝚝𝚢 𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝚏𝚊𝚌𝚎 𝚌𝚕𝚊𝚒𝚖

𝚆𝚊𝚏𝚏𝚕𝚎𝚜 𝚊𝚛𝚎 𝚙𝚊𝚗𝚌𝚊𝚔𝚎𝚜 𝚠𝚒𝚝𝚑 𝚊𝚋𝚜